300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairfax Motorcycle Officers

I saw them do it once and thought it may have been a fluke, then I saw them do it a second time and figured it just must be "something they do."

Two motorcycle cops were driving side-by-side in the same traffic lane. I always thought that was supposed to be considered "reckless driving" under Virginia state law. These guys were maybe a foot apart from each other and operated those bikes flawlessly. I was behind them for maybe a mile or two until I turned onto another road. They almost looked "invisibly attached" to each other.

Now that I think of it, I believe that Prince William County officers do that as well.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Nope, motorcycle cops are exempt under the code section 46.2-857 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+46.2-857

I'm not sure how they do it though, I know I'd be swerving all over and stuff...
    "Oh oh, the State is here......"

Comment

I'm pretty sure they were just exempted as of this past summer.

Comment

Originally posted by MPSniper View Post
        I'm not sure how they do it though, I know I'd be swerving all over and stuff...
        Practice. Spend 10hrs a day on the bike with your partner and you get real comfortable being close. When you are really good, your partner can reach over and hold your throttle for you while you dig in your saddle bag to get your rain gear out and put it on. Then you switch sides and do the same for him.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3546 users online. 232 members and 3314 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X