Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70 MPH Speed Limit Finally Coming To More Roads?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bounce View Post
    the keep right except to pass solves everything (it doesn't include qualifiers like, "unless you're going exactly the speed limit and want to pretend to be a cop by blocking those who choose to speed", because the sign would be too big).

i can't see how someone could pass on the right unless there's slow traffic to the left and fast/no traffic to the right. if so, then it's the people who are ignoring the above that are creating the situation for the pass on right people.
    I completely agree...but heres your problem..."i can't see how someone could" too much faith in your fellow motorist

I cant see how someone could cross 3 lanes of traffic to make a turn...but they do

Comment

i'm talking physical distance between cars that doesn't allow a right-pass. if there's enough room to pass on the right, then clearly the people on the left should have moved right, so they should be the one fined.

Comment

Originally posted by Bounce View Post
        i'm talking physical distance between cars that doesn't allow a right-pass. if there's enough room to pass on the right, then clearly the people on the left should have moved right, so they should be the one fined.

It sure would be nice if it worked this way; that is for sure! As the old saying goes, "If you are being passed on the right, then you are driving in the wrong lane."

You would think that people would figure it out as they toodle down the road at a leisurely pace while everyone else is bobbing and weaving to get around them. If they are not capable of staying in the right-hand lane, they should take the back roads/scenic route or ride a damn bus.

I wager that we have thousands of drivers every day who ride slowly in the left or center lanes the whole way from NJ to FL - yet they will never get stopped or issued a ticket for it.

~ NOTE: It is the long pedal on the right that makes your car go faster. ~
        Last edited by VA Dutch; 11-21-2010, 04:07 AM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3168 users online. 220 members and 2948 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X