300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairfax County Police

I received a letter asking me to show up on Oct. 5 for the written exam/personnel panel interview for Fairfax County Police. Does anyone know anything about the academy session? My thought is that it will be a Spring 2011 session but that's just a guess.

Anyone hearing anything? I noticed that the adopted county budget allots an academy class of 29.

I was told that the next written exam wasn't until February 2011. This was back in March though, so I guess things have changed since then. I just applied last week, so I wonder if I'l be able to get in on the October exam or if I'll have to wait for the next one. I haven't heard anything about the next academy.

Comment

i called personnel this morning and they said that there is an academy session at the first of the year, not sure on the exact date yet though. the letter i received noted that the next test date is going to be Oct. 2011.

Comment

Hmm...I guess I'll have to wait for the October 2011 test anyways since I won't be done with school until summer. Although I suppose if I ever got hired earlier I could just take the job and finish school part time. Good luck on the written exam next month!

Comment

If it's anything like in the past, there should be an academy session in October 2010 and then another Spring (March/April) 2011

When I went through, it took a month from application to exam....and then about 1 year from exam to hire (Physical abilities, Physical, Psych, Poly, Background).
          JayKay
          Forum Member
          Last edited by JayKay; 09-09-2010, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Jay,

Any tips for the process? What was the format for the written test? I have heard from a friend that it was a 'video' test and before that I had never heard of those before. How was the oral board after the test?

ANY insight would help.

Thanks.

Comment

It is a video test. Basically you watch a video and take a lot of notes. The test is from that....There is also another scenario based video test, but that is common sense to pass.

It's not really an oral board. You meet one background detective and they ask you a little about yourself: drug use, tickets....etc
              Reputation & Truth

Comment

Thanks Copdude.

I assume that the video is mostly to measure fact retention and judgement?

Comment

One of my friends who took the test said they briefly show several images (or videos?) of a few different individuals, and then you are asked to describe what they looked like. This was about 15 years ago though. That's the only part of the test he remembered.

Comment

Has anyone completed the process successfully and is pending notification of an academy date?

Comment

Originally posted by rkm0619 View Post
                      Jay,

Any tips for the process? What was the format for the written test? I have heard from a friend that it was a 'video' test and before that I had never heard of those before. How was the oral board after the test?

ANY insight would help.

Thanks.
                      The test was video based and really is mostly common sense type stuff. Like copdude said, it's not really an oral board afterwards, it's simply a sit down with an investigator to go over some very basic stuff.

And when I say common sense, I mean:

"You and your partner are on patrol and a lady flags you down saying her cat is in a tree and asks you for help. Do you?"

A) Help the lady
                      B) Shoot the lady
                      C) Arrest the lady for wasting your time
                      D) Shoot the cat

If you can figure that out, you should be fine.

Comment

Thanks JK.

Comment

regarding JayKay's post.....the answer is not A
                          Reputation & Truth

Comment

Originally posted by copdude View Post
                            regarding JayKay's post.....the answer is not A

lol I hope to God you are joking...you're gonna make me paranoid...

Comment

Does anyone know what the shift schedule is for Fairfax? I had heard 12 hours but for some reason I was thinking 9 hour shifts. What about the on/off rotation?

Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4619 users online. 307 members and 4312 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X