300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Commoner??

My wife got stopped yesterday, 37 in a 25 which we've talked about, but what the heck is a "traffic commoner?" The officer told her it would have been a $300 ticket, but just gave her speeding (thank you). We've Googled it, but can't find "traffic commoner." Maybe he was from Maine and was pronouncing, "Traffic common area," but we Googled that too with no luck.

Not trying to get out of it or anything, just trying to figure out what it is. Thanks.

I've been around quite awhile, and written several thousand tickets, but I've never heard that term before.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Just figured it out..."Speeding Residence District/Calming code 46.2-878.2"

He was saying traffic CALMING area. Still never heard of it.

Comment

Perhaps it was one of those special enforcement areas where there is an "additional $200 fine" tacked onto the regular ticket.
        ????

There are some residential areas with those - most often in 25-mph zones - posted underneath the regular speed limit sign. That's my guess anyway.

** Tim "The Taxman" Kaine is soon to be out of office. Yay! **

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

I guess McDonnell is the first Republican Governor in over a decade, right? Do you think he can really fix the economic issues, or atleast lead Virginia in the right direction? What r y'all thoughts about him?

Comment

Perhaps it was one of those special enforcement areas where there is an "additional $200 fine" tacked onto the regular ticket.
            According to the code that's what it is. I'll have to drive over there and see what's different about the sign.

What r y'all thoughts about him?
            I haven't lived here all that long, so I don't really know either of them. I'm not really too keen on politicians (any party) lately, but I hope he walks the walk.

Comment

It was a common speeding violation without any aggravating circumstances such as weaving, changing lanes without signal, tailgating, etc...

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

????

There are some residential areas with those - most often in 25-mph zones - posted underneath the regular speed limit sign. That's my guess anyway.

** Tim "The Taxman" Kaine is soon to be out of office. Yay! **

Comment

Traffic Calming.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4718 users online. 324 members and 4394 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X