300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Glock

Anyone in the Woodbridge area willing to help me with my shooting, I have a Glock and cant seen to get on target, I am usually at about 9 oclock center, with a nice group, not sure what it is, my duty weapon is a Sig 229, so I know it is 2 manual of arms, but want to get better with the Glock which will be my BUG when I off my military orders.

Where are your rounds hitting? Most of the problems I have seen with Glocks are too much finger on the trigger, causing you to go high and right.

Comment

There are hitting at about 9 oclock in a decent group centered on target. has me frustrated a bit.

Comment

Do you have any days off during the week? I am about 30 min from Woodbridge if you want to come over and shoot. I am booked on weekends, but have days off during the week if you can get over.

Comment

Is your sig double action only, or double/single? If its double/single it could be a simple issue of teaching your muscles to deal with a different trigger pull. Work on dry-firing. I had the exact same problem and was able to correct it with dry fire drills.

A mechanical mount is going to be the best way to determine if its actually your sights versus trigger control.

Good luck.

Comment

Let me know if you guys go to the range. I am about 30 min from Woodbridge also and I haven't tried out my new Glock 27 yet! I have two, free one-hour passes at blue ridge arsenal that I can use for us!

Comment

I usually shoot here.
              http://www.willowrow.com/todd/video/082309%20boom.wmv

Comment

Originally posted by GGG View Post
                Do you have any days off during the week? I am about 30 min from Woodbridge if you want to come over and shoot. I am booked on weekends, but have days off during the week if you can get over.
                I might have to take you up on that offer, I can get off work early, so shoot me a PM, and we can talk about it!

Comment

Originally posted by VSPClem View Post
                  Is your sig double action only, or double/single? If its double/single it could be a simple issue of teaching your muscles to deal with a different trigger pull. Work on dry-firing. I had the exact same problem and was able to correct it with dry fire drills.

A mechanical mount is going to be the best way to determine if its actually your sights versus trigger control.

Good luck.
                  I totally agree!! My issued duty is Sig 226, double/single, and my off-duty is a baby Glock. They're totally different guns. I love the Sigs single action for rapid fire situations. I usually shoot perfect with my Sig, but not so well with my Glock, because of the difference in trigger pull.

Comment

And in 10 years it will be a subdivision for people who are retired and leave the NE........reminds me of a spot we used to shoot in Rockbridge Co. that is now covered in houses. So many you couldnt even shoot skete safely anymore, and this is only in a 7 year span.

Comment

Originally posted by VSPClem View Post
                      And in 10 years it will be a subdivision for people who are retired and leave the NE........reminds me of a spot we used to shoot in Rockbridge Co. that is now covered in houses. So many you couldnt even shoot skete safely anymore, and this is only in a 7 year span.
                      I doubt if it would happen in 10 years as we are many miles from any public water or sewer. So housing density can only get so great. I have an 86 acre cattle ranch on one side and a hunting preserve on the other. While it is possible that those guys could sell to a developer. There are plenty of housing developments around here that got started and floundered with the housing bust. So I would imagine those would get cranked up first. I might not be able to shoot in 20 years, but that is about when I will be selling and moving down to SE VA anyway.

Comment

but that is about when I will be selling and moving down to SE VA anyway.
                        I hope you mean SW VA.....SE is no picnic anymore. In the last 8 years my home county has gone from 2 traffic lights in 12 miles to 23.....which is saying something considering the Feds own over 50% of the land in my home town.

Comment

D'oh. Yep, I mean SW VA, maybe WV, Eastern TN or Western NC.

Comment

Just wondering but did you buy that glock used? the reason I ask is because I cary a Glock 23 for duty and bought one for off duty. Went to qualify on both weapons and my duty glock was finem but my used off duty 23 was terrible, I was off and just kept pulling everything. I got it home to clean it and found (since Im a Glock armorer) a NY trigger put in it. This means was going from a 5 lbs. trigger pull to a 12 lbs. trigger pull. Funny I didnt notice it while qualifying but oh well. So that could be the problem.
                            Susupect Suspect..I have a trianed K9 come out come out or you will be bitten.

Comment

Originally posted by sarpup View Post
                              Just wondering but did you buy that glock used? the reason I ask is because I cary a Glock 23 for duty and bought one for off duty. Went to qualify on both weapons and my duty glock was finem but my used off duty 23 was terrible, I was off and just kept pulling everything. I got it home to clean it and found (since Im a Glock armorer) a NY trigger put in it. This means was going from a 5 lbs. trigger pull to a 12 lbs. trigger pull. Funny I didnt notice it while qualifying but oh well. So that could be the problem.
                              Nah the gun was new! but still havent found time to hit the range yet with one of the posters!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4227 users online. 256 members and 3971 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X