Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey PWC LEO's

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey PWC LEO's

    I was sitting at the light at Rt 234 bypass and Wellington, and the car across from me waiting to turn left onto Wellington was an unmarked Crown Vic, cage, antennas, two red lights (red only, no blue) behind the grill, and a radar unit on the dash that looked like it came from a 1960's squad car. I got a glimpse of a uniform, but it was not PWPD. Anyone seen this guy? I wondered if it was a bondsman with an overactive imagination.

  • #2
    Fire marshal? or Volunteer emt/firefighter trying to look like a cop?

    Comment


    • #3
      what did the CV look like?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mlighthi View Post
        what did the CV look like?

        Standard unmarked, dark color but I don't remember exactly which color. Lights like a Fire Marshal, but big goofy radar up front and a cage in the back.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was curious because a couple weeks ago there was a bolo out of Stafford Co for a dark unmarked CV with red lights that was stopping people, and actually raped a woman.

          Comment


          • #6
            sounds like a good match then
            Waiting for openings with:
            Amtrak PD
            City of Fairfax PD

            Comment


            • #7
              If you got the plates, you can call up your department and give them that tip. If it's a county vehicle, than oh well. No harm done. And if it turns out to be a impersonator than kudos for you.
              Reputation & Truth

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mlighthi View Post
                I was curious because a couple weeks ago there was a bolo out of Stafford Co for a dark unmarked CV with red lights that was stopping people, and actually raped a woman.
                I wonder if people are ever going to learn that red lights without blue in va is NOT law enforcement!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mlighthi View Post
                  I was curious because a couple weeks ago there was a bolo out of Stafford Co for a dark unmarked CV with red lights that was stopping people, and actually raped a woman.
                  I missed that bolo or I would have followed him and called it in.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'll keep an eye out for him in PWC
                    Waiting for openings with:
                    Amtrak PD
                    City of Fairfax PD

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The bolo was a while back, have no heard anything else about it. Probably close to 2 months ago no, but the suspect used a red light, had a dark CV with dark windows, with antennas on the deck lid. There was an article on MSNBC about it with the same description.
                      Last edited by mlighthi; 04-14-2009, 01:35 PM. Reason: Typo, more info

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mlighthi View Post
                        The bolo was a while back, have no heard anything else about it. Probably close to 2 months ago no, but the suspect used a red light, had a dark CV with dark windows, with antennas on the deck lid. There was an article on MSNBC about it with the same description.
                        Here's the story with a video. It said he had lights in the front and rear passenger compartment? Does that mean the windshield?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Crown Vic -- Red Lights


                          Could it possibly have been a police vehicle from another state? In NoVa, it is not uncommon to see law enforcement personnel from NY, PA and NJ from time to time. They still use red lights up there in many places.

                          I saw a marked black & white patrol car (Los Angeles PD style of paint job) on US Route 1 near Lorton and it had a solid red strobe light bar {like a Whelen}. Of course, I did a double-take when I saw large "POLICE" decals on the side. Turns out it was from a local department in New Jersey. Perhaps he was down here for a class or something.

                          Another possiblity is that it was a 'patrol car' for one of those high-end gated communities where they have their own private security personnel. They often have radar units (never seen one with a cage, though) and strobe lights.

                          Did the car have VA plates on it?

                          The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

                          The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

                          ------------------------------------------------

                          "Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
                            Here's the story with a video. It said he had lights in the front and rear passenger compartment? Does that mean the windshield?
                            You didn't paste the link
                            Waiting for openings with:
                            Amtrak PD
                            City of Fairfax PD

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

                              Could it possibly have been a police vehicle from another state? In NoVa, it is not uncommon to see law enforcement personnel from NY, PA and NJ from time to time. They still use red lights up there in many places.

                              I saw a marked black & white patrol car (Los Angeles PD style of paint job) on US Route 1 near Lorton and it had a solid red strobe light bar {like a Whelen}. Of course, I did a double-take when I saw large "POLICE" decals on the side. Turns out it was from a local department in New Jersey. Perhaps he was down here for a class or something.

                              Another possiblity is that it was a 'patrol car' for one of those high-end gated communities where they have their own private security personnel. They often have radar units (never seen one with a cage, though) and strobe lights.

                              Did the car have VA plates on it?
                              Originally posted by eternal911 View Post
                              You didn't paste the link
                              Here's the link http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0209/591376.html and why would a security guard have red lights and radar?

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 8090 users online. 438 members and 7652 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X