300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantico USMC Base

I travel to the Quantico Marine Corps base from time to time and have noticed that they have their own "Quantico MCB" police force that is made of Marines (imagine that) who are MPs (military police). They have both marked and unmarked vehicles with blue lights and red/blue light combinations. Perfectly normal, I guess.

My curiosity, however, is about some other personnel I have seen doing traffic stops on the base. Two men had "Roadmaster" on their orange vests and drove both a Chevrolet pickup truck and an Impala sedan bearing US Government license plates. They had plenty of red, orange and clear flashing lights (but no blue) front and rear; along with "wig wag" headlamp flashers. The Chevy pickup had both forward and rear radar antennae. From what I could tell, neither man was armed and they were not wearing a uniform.

What is a "Roadmaster" supposed to do? Are they considered LEOs? I served in the Army long, long ago and saw plenty of MPs back in the day (along with some civilian LEOs employed by Uncle Sam on post), but never heard of a "Roadmaster." Is this a Marine Corps thing? Our civilian customer on the post had no idea who those people were or what their duties entailed.

I just know that someone here will have the answer.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

The roadmaster is responsible for monitoring the government vehicles. They can perform traffic stops on those vehicles only and write them tickets. Hope that helps.

Comment

Yup. Nightmares for Motor T. They used to travel off-base as well - back in the day. I would assume they're still allowed to. Again, restricted to govvies only.
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Roadmaster

Thanks!!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3118 users online. 148 members and 2970 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X