300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norfolk?

Does anybody have any scoop on this department?
    "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
    the more knowledge, the more grief."

Option: consider NC, this is the 4th largest city in NC.

www.bethebade.com

SGT Keith Benedict
    (910) 433-1902

Comment

link is not working for me...right there at Bragg though, i bet you guys have a lot of prostitution and dui's
      dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

I think its supposed to be www.bethebadge.com
        Waiting for openings with:
        Amtrak PD
        City of Fairfax PD

Comment

Norfolk is very busy. They have a lot of specialized units and a lot of crime. And, like many large departments they have some internal and external political issues that may or may not effect the average officer. The court system is pretty good, not nearly as liberal as one might expect from a city like Norfolk.

It would be a great place to get some experience, and might well be a great place to make a career if you like urban policing.

I didn't much like living in the area, too urban for me, too much traffic, too much crime. You could, however, do much worse.
          -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them"-Felix

Comment

You should look at Chesapeake or Hampton if you want to stay in VA. Or there's also York County Sheriff's Office and James City County Police, Newport News or Virginia Beach.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
              You should look at Chesapeake or Hampton if you want to stay in VA. Or there's also York County Sheriff's Office and James City County Police, Newport News or Virginia Beach.

Good luck!
              I haven't heard the greatest things about Hampton, and Virginia Beach wouldn't pay me the light of day when I had questions so I'm not a fan of them anymore.

The general opinion appears to be that Newport News is the most professional. I'm actually and intern with NNPD right now, and for the first few weeks I've been working in recruiting, and I can tell you that at least 70% of the people applying and with officers on ride alongs said that Newport News was the most professional out of them all, especially when it came to job fairs. I think very highly of them, however, I have chose Prince William County just because I want to stay in my hometown of Woodbridge in PWC. Newport News would be my top choice if I was down in the Hampton Roads area. Best of luck in your decision.
              Amtrak PD
              City of Fairfax PD

Comment

I recruit for Virginia Beach. Norfolk is a very proud department hampered only by their city management and chief. We recruit their guys onto our department. We like to brag that we are the best paid agency in SE Virginia, but the other departments are all very good and have their quirks and bennies. Give Virginia Beach a look.......

http://www.vbgov.com/vgn.aspx?dept_l...RCRD&x=12&y=10

Comment

The pay is a great advantage at Va Beach I must say... last I saw it was 38k?
                  Amtrak PD
                  City of Fairfax PD

Comment

Originally posted by eternal911 View Post
                    I haven't heard the greatest things about Hampton, and Virginia Beach wouldn't pay me the light of day when I had questions so I'm not a fan of them anymore.

The general opinion appears to be that Newport News is the most professional. I'm actually and intern with NNPD right now, and for the first few weeks I've been working in recruiting, and I can tell you that at least 70% of the people applying and with officers on ride alongs said that Newport News was the most professional out of them all, especially when it came to job fairs. I think very highly of them, however, I have chose Prince William County just because I want to stay in my hometown of Woodbridge in PWC. Newport News would be my top choice if I was down in the Hampton Roads area. Best of luck in your decision.
                    My class advisor for PS A school with the Coast Guard retired 22 years with the Newport News Police Department. Great guy, he's gone through and done a lot (K9, FTO, Sgt, Firearms instructor at the academy). I definetely agree Newport News is a great agency. I was just making suggestions

PWC huh? You from Hoodbridge? I used to live there...right off of Old Bridge and Minnieville. I moved though (too far from my civilian job...now I only live 5 min away from work). PWC is nice and I think I might apply there also when I return from deployment next year!

Comment

Old Bridge and Mohican here... about a mile from Woodbridge Senior High, Class of 2005

I've been a Hoodbridge native for the entire 21 years of my life
                      Last edited by eternal911; 09-11-2008, 11:26 AM.
                      Amtrak PD
                      City of Fairfax PD

Comment

2005? Hah! Man, the only people that I know are older than both of us!

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
                          I recruit for Virginia Beach. Norfolk is a very proud department hampered only by their city management and chief. We recruit their guys onto our department. We like to brag that we are the best paid agency in SE Virginia, but the other departments are all very good and have their quirks and bennies. Give Virginia Beach a look.......

http://www.vbgov.com/vgn.aspx?dept_l...RCRD&x=12&y=10
                          Can you expand what you mean you recruit for VB? Are you a LEO? Just curious for I'm planning to apply here shortly to VBPD. I'm just gathering my references together then filling out the application.

The Norfolk PD Chief is currently a professor of mine @ ODU.

Comment

He's a Sgt. in recruiting I believe.
                            Amtrak PD
                            City of Fairfax PD

Comment

Great info!
                              - Chesapeake Police Dept, VA -
                              Applied: 10/15/07
                              Written Exam: 12/08/07 - Passed
                              Physical Agility Test: 12/08/07 - Passed
                              Background Investigation: Packet Turned in 12/15/07

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3669 users online. 166 members and 3503 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X