300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm asking this anyway....

Just read a post that someone's GF got ticketed for 5 over in another state, which is killing softly inside because it's not that bad....But, speeding is speeding and the best way to not get a ticket is to not break the law - o.k. I got that, moving on....

A lot of people seem to think 5 won't get you pulled over but 10 will, or 10 won't but 15 will....what's the general concensus about the speed limit on the highway and other?

**and of course I don't speed - I drive right at the speed limit most of the time....unless I've had to much to drink or I'm following traffic....j/k) but it is an actual question out of curiosity & not out of anticipation to break the law....no I haven't read other posts either....didn't feel scavenger hunting.**
    Last edited by CoffeeRoll; 09-04-2008, 09:34 PM. Reason: mental margarita

I can only speak for myself.....

The Colonel gives ya five miles and Ill give ya five miles in all but exceptional cases (known drug dealer)(suspicious circumstances). But I certainly can't speak for other Troops.

Comment

Depends on the Officer, the location, the department, the weather, the phase of the moon, if his/her wife/husband gave him/her a hard time before work, how many calls they get for speeding in that location, if the Officer almost got run over, if the Officers boss is giving him a hard time for not doing anything, and last but not least, if the person pulled over is a jerk.
      "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

I've never written a ticket for less than 10 over (which is not to say I have not stopped cars for less than 10 over). However, I can't say I never would, it just all depends on the circumstances.
        -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them"-Felix

Comment

Originally posted by vsp645 View Post
          The Colonel gives ya five miles and Ill give ya five miles in all but exceptional cases (known drug dealer)(suspicious circumstances). But I certainly can't speak for other Troops.

you negotiate?....say for instance, an apology for a warning?
          "I'm really sorry officer! I won't ever speed again until I get 5 min. from you after I've pulled off." -- yeah, I've seen people do that before....

Originally posted by 10-31Mike View Post
          Depends on the Officer, the location, the department, the weather, the phase of the moon, if his/her wife/husband gave him/her a hard time before work, how many calls they get for speeding in that location, if the Officer almost got run over, if the Officers boss is giving him a hard time for not doing anything, and last but not least, if the person pulled over is a jerk.

....you left out planetary alignment (it is crazy about the phase of the moon though - things do tend to happen more frequently with that - or so I've noticed)

Originally posted by Landric View Post
          I've never written a ticket for less than 10 over (which is not to say I have not stopped cars for less than 10 over). However, I can't say I never would, it just all depends on the circumstances.

ok....so at least I'm understanding that cursing a cop out & throwing sharp objects - probably not getting me out of a ticket, & doesn't make for the best circumstance....(making notes )

Originally posted by ArmyAndrew21
          Yeah that threads over in the WA forum and is SPEEDING not speading
          well thanks for the correction Webster! lol....I got excited -- my fingers slipped -- it happens....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4725 users online. 234 members and 4491 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X