300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys

My GF and I are coming to Richmond this weekend for a few days of R&R, we are staying downtown and wondering what are some good spots to hit. As well as some spots to stay away from Also what places are off limits for an LEO to go armed? The only thing we have set in stone as of now is King's Dominion one day.

So if any fellow LEOs can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it!!
    Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Capital Ale House..623 East Main Street (6th and Main St.)
    they have a chilled slab on the bar to keep your brew cold...and about 40 different types of microbrews. Don't be an idiot and order light beer..ok, maybe after you've tried a micro.

Shockoe Bottom, lots of neat little restaurants down there. The Aviation museum out at the airport is neat.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
      Capital Ale House..623 East Main Street (6th and Main St.)
      they have a chilled slab on the bar to keep your brew cold...and about 40 different types of microbrews. Don't be an idiot and order light beer..ok, maybe after you've tried a micro.

Shockoe Bottom, lots of neat little restaurants down there. The Aviation museum out at the airport is neat.
      Thanx!! Nope no lite beer for me, hate the stuff. I prefer Yuengling Lager, but wouldnt mind getting in some microbrews.
      Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

Watermelon festival on Sunday in Carytown... Belle Isle on the James River, Maymont, the Science Museum, oh and... + 1 to Capital Ale.

Comment

Kings Dominion won't allow you to enter the park armed. You can either leave your weapon in the car or store it in a gun locker at the front gate. There is no bugging on the policy as well.

Comment

Kings Dominion won't allow you to enter the park armed. You can either leave your weapon in the car or store it in a gun locker at the front gate. There is no bugging on the policy as well.

Comment

Sine' Irish Pub
              1327 E. Cary St
              Richmond, VA 23219

http://www.sineirishpub.com/cms_richmond/

Comment

got it...............
                Last edited by fedguy889; 08-10-2008, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
                  Sine' Irish Pub
                  1327 E. Cary St
                  Richmond, VA 23219

http://www.sineirishpub.com/cms_richmond/
                  Went there for lunch and a beer after walking the river/canal walk and shockoe bottom. The food was good, but was kinda disappointed by the menu. But then again, guess they do more drinking business then eating. I think Raglan Road in Orlando is way better. But still a great little place here and I loved the beer choices.

Tonight we are hitting Capital Alehouse for dinner

Comment

is insbrook still doing the concerts on i think fridays?
                    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
                      is insbrook still doing the concerts on i think fridays?
                      Not sure, but the downtown one is. Our waiter was telling us about them last night. They only have blues bands playing and the one last night was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by fedguy889 View Post
                        Went there for lunch and a beer after walking the river/canal walk and shockoe bottom. The food was good, but was kinda disappointed by the menu. But then again, guess they do more drinking business then eating. I think Raglan Road in Orlando is way better. But still a great little place here and I loved the beer choices.
                        Sorry to hear about the food. I've never had an issue before since they have two places. One in Pentagon City and the one there in Richmond.

The beer choices are great and plentyful. Kills me to take folks there and they end up drinking Miller Lite.

Comment

Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
                          Sorry to hear about the food. I've never had an issue before since they have two places. One in Pentagon City and the one there in Richmond.

The beer choices are great and plentyful. Kills me to take folks there and they end up drinking Miller Lite.
                          The food was good, just the menu was smalled than I thought it would be. I drnak a Smithwick's. I mentioned to my GF while there that it amazes me that every bar I have been in has at least Miller Lite on tap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fedguy889 View Post
                            The food was good, just the menu was smalled than I thought it would be. I drnak a Smithwick's. I mentioned to my GF while there that it amazes me that every bar I have been in has at least Miller Lite on tap!!!
                            Ah, glad to hear the food was good and it was a small menu issue. I eat at the one in Pentagon City all the time and have eaten at the one you went to a couple of times when I have been down in Richmond visiting friends.

Never an issue at all with food or beer.

I am suspecting it's fools like Bearcat that keep ML in business!

Comment

I keep bugging Capital Alehouse to put a bell on the bar, like a sailor bar. Someone orders a light beer, ring the bell, everyone looks up, sees the miscreant, and laughs.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158281 users online. 127 members and 158154 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X