300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermont Trooper Question

Sorry if this is an already active / current thread but all of the threads I looked at provide website links that are no longer active for information.
    Basically here is the information I would be grateful if you could help me with!
    1. What is the test like for the vermont state police compared to other policing exams? I have taken the NYPD and the NYSP (I live in New York)
    2. From the testing date what is the processing timeline look like?
    3. What information should I have with me on the day of testing?
    4. What should an out of stater be prepared for if hired?
    5. Where are the testing sites ? I live near Rutland, but go to school near Burlington.
    6. What is the physical fitness assessment like?
    7. How many people usually take the test?

Thank you!

1) The test is easy enough for any high school graduate to pass.

2) They are currently testing for January 2015 academy start date.

3)PHASE 1 - Written, PT, MMPI tests
    Please Note - The written, physical fitness, and MMPI-2 Psychological exam are all given on the same day. Applicants must pass each individual test to proceed to the next test.
    On Day One of Testing, if you pass each section, you may be here from 0830-1630 or later. Please plan accordingly by bringing snacks and drinks. Wear comfortable clothing. You may choose to wear PT gear for all portions of testing on this day. You must bring $30 cash or check, as well as your photo ID. Be at the Vermont Police Academy no later than 0830 on test day.

4) Going to work!

5) Testing is at the VT Police Academy in Pittsford

6) http://vsp.vermont.gov/employment/ba...ements/fitness

7) There is no rhyme nor reason to how many show up...the testing is for all agencies so you will have people there testing for municipal, county and state positions.

Originally posted by NeadJ View Post
    Sorry if this is an already active / current thread but all of the threads I looked at provide website links that are no longer active for information.
    Basically here is the information I would be grateful if you could help me with!
    1. What is the test like for the vermont state police compared to other policing exams? I have taken the NYPD and the NYSP (I live in New York)
    2. From the testing date what is the processing timeline look like?
    3. What information should I have with me on the day of testing?
    4. What should an out of stater be prepared for if hired?
    5. Where are the testing sites ? I live near Rutland, but go to school near Burlington.
    6. What is the physical fitness assessment like?
    7. How many people usually take the test?

Thank you!

Comment

At what point does VSP provide a conditional offer of employment? How many do they hire vs the number that apply? Just seeing if I should go to a city pd first to be more competitive.

Comment

so you live in NY or you leave near rutland? thats alot of driving.

i took the test, passed then did the pft and mmpi then nothing, from vsp anyway. i applied and used that test for other counties and towns in Vt and that all counted for them too. i got called for a polygraph for a part time sheriffs job and passed it but ended up turning the job down. decided VT wasnt my thing.

PS ive taken alot of polygraphs with other agencies in ny and federal. the VSP polygraph examiner treated me hostile the entire time from the second i walked in the building, unlike anything ive experienced in any other poly.. still passed but no thanks.

Comment

so dh3521 the vermont state police written exam accounts for how many other departments? Can you inform me on this please? Is it like a civil service test?

Comment

The test is not a Vermont State Police Written test it is the test administered by the Academy which any potential LEO in the state must pass to get into the academy.

Comment

So its possible to get picked up by other departments off that exam?

Comment

Yes as long as you told them it was ok to release your score

Comment

great thanks for the information dh3521.

Comment

I don't mean to hijack your thread, NeadJ. But are there any Vermont State Troopers on this board available to answer a couple questions over pm? I would really appreciate it.

Comment

I don't believe there are...what's the question and I'll do my best to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                        so you live in NY or you leave near rutland? thats alot of driving.

i took the test, passed then did the pft and mmpi then nothing, from vsp anyway. i applied and used that test for other counties and towns in Vt and that all counted for them too. i got called for a polygraph for a part time sheriffs job and passed it but ended up turning the job down. decided VT wasnt my thing.

PS ive taken alot of polygraphs with other agencies in ny and federal. the VSP polygraph examiner treated me hostile the entire time from the second i walked in the building, unlike anything ive experienced in any other poly.. still passed but no thanks.

I hate those type of guys
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                          [/B]

I hate those type of guys
                          Yeah, so do I.

VTfuzz, do you have any insight on this?

There seems to be one polygraph examiner for the whole state, a VSP guy. Several of us on here, including myself, have done polygraphs with him and he's consistently been an a**hole every time. What's up with that? Any insight? Is he one of these 'house mouses' who hasn't done real police work in years?

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
                            Yeah, so do I.

VTfuzz, do you have any insight on this?

There seems to be one polygraph examiner for the whole state, a VSP guy. Several of us on here, including myself, have done polygraphs with him and he's consistently been an a**hole every time. What's up with that? Any insight? Is he one of these 'house mouses' who hasn't done real police work in years?
                            Prior is his name- He is an a--hole.. I'm on the job now and I could give a sh-- if he reads this. Idiot I will never forget how rude he was to me and telling me before I started they won't hire me because I am from NY pftt a--hole screwewd that PD. I lead in arrests, Finding Drugs and have had numerous letters written complimenting me on numerous calls. This ****** said I lied on my "alcohol consumption hahhaha Yeah OK, thank you in all honesty, because I wouldn't have ended up where I ended up. F--- Him
                            Last edited by jcioccke; 04-09-2015, 01:46 PM.
                            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                              Prior is his name- He is an a--hole...
                              They only have one for the state? I seem to remember my polygrapher for the VSP process saying he was up there from Massachusetts. He wasn't rude with me but wasn't very pleasant either. I passed first time through though. That was my only polygraph and the one thing I remember was how he kept telling me to stop swallowing lol. I thought that was strange.
                              Last edited by Next3Exits; 04-09-2015, 08:06 PM.
                              "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4216 users online. 223 members and 3993 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X