Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGT53
    replied
    Check this web site, should give you more information about them www.uvm.edu/police .

UVM Police have full Police Powers and they complete the same Police Academy training as all Officer's do in Vermont.

Leave a comment:

• Dean27
    replied
    Is there anyone that can give me some info on UVM PD? Do they have the same police powers as any other department in VT? What the hiring process consist of? Thanks in advance....
    Last edited by Dean27; 01-02-2010, 10:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SGT53
    replied
    Thanks jcioccke, Happy New Year as well!!

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    I just wanted to wish all of you a Happy New Year and If You Are Working Tonight Be Safe!!

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    St. Albans shift is 10 hours Rotating

Leave a comment:

• MTBrider
    replied
    Does anyone know the shifts for St. Albans? Id assume they are 12 hr.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    Originally posted by SGT53 View Post
    Yes, its crazy. It was a little better when we could take them for a third offense of osc. Remember when for a short time they changed it to unlimited osc's, I had a guy on his 9th osc once, he was amazed I could not arrest him.

Glad they changed it back some, still think 5 osc's is too much, wish they would knock it back down to 3.

Retail theft is another problem in my area, hurt our in custody arrest when they changed the felony dollar amount.

Oh well, maybe someday they will take the handcuffs off us so we can make more custodial arrest, but I'm sure I will be retired by then
    Yeah I remember..ah the good ole days..or something! As for retail thefts I usually have a good record of getting them to "voluntarily" come in immediately for processing...it's all in the wording! LOL

One good thing on the horizon is there is a push for bringing back criminal tickets...will be nice having waiver fines for minor criminal violations but still having the search incident to arrest!

Leave a comment:

• SGT53
    replied
    Yes, its crazy. It was a little better when we could take them for a third offense of osc. Remember when for a short time they changed it to unlimited osc's, I had a guy on his 9th osc once, he was amazed I could not arrest him.

Glad they changed it back some, still think 5 osc's is too much, wish they would knock it back down to 3.

Retail theft is another problem in my area, hurt our in custody arrest when they changed the felony dollar amount.

Oh well, maybe someday they will take the handcuffs off us so we can make more custodial arrest, but I'm sure I will be retired by then

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    Originally posted by SGT53 View Post
    +1 on the suspended license
    Too bad the vast majority of the suspended drivers we can't arrest..stupid civil violations...

Leave a comment:

• SGT53
    replied
    Originally posted by VTlawman View Post
    When you say you rode with a proactive officer, and said the word "she," I'm thinking you rode with Moore. Am I right?

You will notice that almost all Vermont LEOs play nicely.

And if you think the registration problem is bad, ride with a Chittenden County agency. I swear 1/3 of the drivers are driving with a suspended license.
    +1 on the suspended license

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    And if you think the registration problem is bad, ride with a Chittenden County agency. I swear 1/3 of the drivers are driving with a suspended license.
    I laugh even harder now when I hear someone say " They have Quotas"
    Hell we could have filled a years quota in an hour, if that was the case.

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    When you say you rode with a proactive officer, and said the word "she," I'm thinking you rode with Moore. Am I right?
    You are correct my friend. She is a Great Cop (I say Cop with utmost respect)
    Pro Active, Knows the kids in the town, and remembers a name and face.
    (I wouldn't want her hunting me-she wont give up) But that isn't a story for an open forum.

The two things I observed and respected was something she did all night. She waived at everyone especially the kids. It was nice to see the little one's face light up after Officer Moore waived at them.
    She kept her windows cracked so she could hear what was going on.

I could not have had a better officer to ride-along with. She represents her Agency and Officer's well!
    Last edited by jcioccke; 10-25-2009, 11:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• VTlawman
    replied

You will notice that almost all Vermont LEOs play nicely.

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    St. Albans has a prison, I doubt you will see it on your ride along, because I don't think the City PD goes out into the town

That was correct Vtlaw- Franklin County Sheriff handle it.

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    I know Ron, he's a good guy. Have fun..I'm not too familiar with the city but I hear they are pretty busy for a very small city...
    You were very accurate Vtfuzz.

I rode with a very Pro-Active Officer; she was Awesome too say the Least!

The rest of the crew that I met were great. I loved the Camaraderie between everyone. (ball busting) The officers leave the pis-ing contest to the administration. From what I observed. The 3 agencies all played nice together (Sheriff/State Police.) That was Great to see. I figure it helps that they all went to the same Academy together.

Sgt. Hoauge is a Great Guy, and a Yankee Fan. Once I found that out, I liked him even more.

Does anyone in VT pay their Registration? LOL
    (I don't think they do in St. Albans)

Ps

The above statement was not what I was referring to as "Pro-Active" with the registrations. That was just funny to me.
    Last edited by jcioccke; 10-24-2009, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4269 users online. 244 members and 4025 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X