Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windham County Sheriff

Good Morning,

Can anyone tell me about the area, and the Department?

Thank you in advance.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

The office is located in Newfane, which is 10 or so miles northwest of Brattleboro on VT RT 30. They do contract radar patrol for several towns in the county. They used to have some criminal patrols, but I'm not sure if they still do as the old sheriff lost a bunch of work for them. I work with a couple people who used to work there so I'll check with them tonight to see if they ever got any criminal patrols back. Pay, unless it has changed is not good at all (thus the ones who work with me, left there).

Comment

so this dept only does traffic?
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks VtFuzz for your help. Greatly Appreciated.

I applied for the part time Deputy Position there. Figuring it may be a good way to get my foot in the door, and some experience under my belt.

This is the website http://www.windhamsheriff.com/employment.php
        MDRDEP:

Comment

I was informed that they do criminal patrols for two towns, one of which is only part-time due to the PD being shorthanded in that town.

Yes wakeislander, the sheriffs departments up here are not like in other states. Most only doe contract traffic/radar patrol, court security, prisoner transports, and roadwork details. Windham County does do a little more than most of the other counties.

Comment

Thanks for the follow up Vtfuzz.

Testing for Burlington Tuesday. Recruiter is a real good guy.
            MDRDEP:

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
              Thanks for the follow up Vtfuzz.

Testing for Burlington Tuesday. Recruiter is a real good guy.
              Good luck to you and yes, Federico is a great recruiter for the Burlington Police

Comment

Thank You SGT53. Much appreciate my friend.
                MDRDEP:

Comment

Good luck, Burlington has a good crew.

Comment

I agree VTlawman. There was a few officers from the department there. I agree they are a good crew.

I have to tell you, I was very impressed with the recruits there. Well dressed, and everyone trained hard. We did lose a few after the written test.

Note I wish to share with anyone, you don't want to here the last 4 digits of your Social called.

I'm watching all of these individuals have there number called, and I'm thinking "Great I failed, Da-n I thought I aced that test"

Trust me, and let me save you the anxiety, if it's not called, your good.

I'm hoping to make it in, for February Academy.
                    Last edited by jcioccke; 10-06-2009, 04:53 PM.
                    MDRDEP:

Comment

Congrats on passing the test and I assume the physical portion. Keep me posted on your process, another SGT in my Department may have his son going through the next academy, he is in the process with Burlington PD as well.

If he attends I will PM you with his name, he is a great kid, very smart and he will do well as I'm sure you will.

Good luck an keep me posted

Comment

Will do sir. Thank you very much.
                        MDRDEP:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5046 users online. 294 members and 4752 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X