300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal guardianship transfer

I have a weird situation with an immediate family member and I need to know how to gain Guardianship over a minor for the safety of that minor. The legal guardian has kicked the minor out and is no longer caring for the minor. I need to gain legal guardianship over the minor since she is part of my immediate family. The situation is very urgent because the minor does not feel safe with her present guardian. He is drinking a fair amount and I feel that he is having mental issues over the loss of his wife 2 years ago as well as his behavior and demeanor is changing quite rapidly when not drunk. I understand that I will need to go through family court since a minor is involved. This is happening in Utah county.
    Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

My best advice is get an attorney as quickly as you can in order to get the paperwork started. You do not want to be caught in between a custody battle especially when the guardian wants the juvenile back. Child Protective Services would also be a good source of information for you. Good luck

Comment

You may wish to pursue an Ex Parte Child Protective Order through the juvenile court.
      You'd need to justify an exigent circumstance for that though. I'd get a lawyer for sure.
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

thanks guys does upset drunk and stating he doesn't care meet the exigent circumstance??
        Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

Comment

Exigent is a dire emergency. If you can articulate the circumstances and your concerns well enough it may be possible.

Have you contacted DCFS? They may be able to do a home visit to check out your concerns...
          I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

The best way is to consult with an attorney.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
              Exigent is a dire emergency. If you can articulate the circumstances and your concerns well enough it may be possible.

Have you contacted DCFS? They may be able to do a home visit to check out your concerns...
              Thanks I don't have alot of money for an attorney yet but it will be an option. The local police have a couple reports about the incident and the next one will merit a 600 mile drive for me with the police and DCFS on the door step.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6215 users online. 344 members and 5871 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X