300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about applying for AP&P Agent and related work

Hi Everyone! I've been a probation officer in Northern California for 9 years now and the family and I are looking to move to either SLC or Park City next year. I've done some research on related jobs there and AP&P Agent is by far my first choice and most closely related to what I do now (it also looks like Salt Lake County has PO's who supervise misdemeanor cases, the state has counselors at the juvenile facilities, and the judicial districts do juvenile probation). I have a couple questions: I desire to work exclusively in the SLC or Park City area, when one applies for AP&P is there the potential to be put to work anywhere in the state? Do the juvenile PO's who work for the court do any field work or are they sworn officers? Same with Salt Lake County misdemeanor PO's (sworn officers?) That's all I can think of for now, any other insight you can provide me is appreciated.

I don’t work for AP&P, however we have had a few laterals at my department, and I went to the academy with a few so I’ll attempt to help. From what I understand you agree to work at a location before they fully hire you. That being said the Salt Lake City district needs all the help and are overwhelmed, so usually you are placed there first. As far as juvenile POs and the district POs I’m 99.9 percent sure they are not sworn. I’m sure they do field work but not the way AP&P agents do.

Comment

Also, why Park City specifically?

Comment

Thank you! We have family in Park City and it would be nice to live near them. We also have a young child and I think it would be a pretty neat town to grow up in. We don't know much about SLC neighborhoods, but we're thinking South Salt Lake/Sugar House Park area would be nice.

Comment

As long as you can afford Park City, you’ll enjoy it. I work around South Salt Lake and can tell you they have the highest crime rate in the state. You might think... oh it’s Utah, how bad can it be? Well northern Salt Lake County is pretty bad, a lot higher than national average and possibly worse than any of the areas you live in NORCAL. I started in LA county, crime in the northern part of Salt Lake County is almost on par. The only way to avoid it is move east. East Millcreek or Holliday are very nice and close to where you are talking about. If moving west, stay south of Taylorsville.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6021 users online. 349 members and 5672 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X