300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a change

Anyone here in WVC? Looking for employment possibilties. Currently employed by a Davis County agency.
    Last edited by KenW.; 07-30-2014, 01:24 PM.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

No bites huh?

I cant help you...Im on the other end of the state. But good luck!

Comment

I'm #7 on West Valley's list now. Let's see if I pass thier background. The questionairre was 30 pages; no joke.
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
        I'm #7 on West Valley's list now. Let's see if I pass thier background. The questionairre was 30 pages; no joke.
        Are you sure it is 30 pages?

Comment

Absolutely. They even asked what vehicles are registered to me and the VIN numbers, what my insurance policies are worth, parent and sibling contact info ( they live on the east coast), all marriage certificates and divorse decrees, mortgage and other loan info, worth vs liabilities, one hand written page essay on how I will benefit from the position; I learned things about myself I didn't know. I still have a digital copy in my gmail.
          I did many backgrounds for my agency and didn't have anywhere near that much intel to work with.

We cancelled a Labor Day camping trip to get it all done.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

30 pages? Holy crap. I have seen 10-15 pages, and that was a nightmare. Just tell yourself that its to your benefit??

Anywhere else catch your fancy up there? The idea of working as a deputy/paramedic for Davis appeals...but their pay doesn't.

Comment

Got a call from WVC yesterday; they're starting my background. So; Hello investigator since you're likely to find this post on a google search!

I've enjoyed my time with Davis, but not being a paramedic I'm treated as a second-class employee. You are also correct about the pay. I couldn't afford to do this job without my military retirement. I started full-time here at 38 years old, and already of course, had established a lifestyle and the debt that comes with it. A 21-year old could live on the pay, but not someone starting a second career.
              Last edited by KenW.; 09-23-2014, 09:00 AM.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Well, that's a good sign, obviously!

I thought having your medic was required to work there? I think I saw Deputy/Medics make like 17/hr to start. Rough, since most of the Valley agencies in AZ start recruit officers at about 25/hour... Its not like medic is as easy to pick up as EMT.

Comment

In the Davis SO, you have to be a paramedic to be assigned to patrol, and I'm not one. Therefore, I am condemned to a career of mediocrity unless I leave.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Gotcha, makes sense....

Comment

Well... I got turned down. My experience is in investigations and it seems they want patrol experience instead.

One door closes, another will open soon...

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Bummer.

I seem to have the opposite problem, though... Keep your head up!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6759 users online. 354 members and 6405 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X