300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best agencies

Looking to move from Florida to the Salt Lake area. Looking for some advice from veteran officers about which agencies are the best to work for in that area. Here in Fl the Sheriff's Offices dominate and the city PD's are usually smaller.

ANY advice would be appreciated.

Thx

Depends on what you are looking for.
    Like doing traffic? Utah Highway Patrol.
    Like urban criminal patrol? Salt Lake City. West Valley is always hopping.
    Enjoy more rural? Utah State Parks/Wildlife or County Sheriff's Office.

Utah has it all.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Appreciate the response. Any specific city agencies that are good places to work for?

Comment

I work north of SLC and get into town only when I have to get to pawnshops on an investigation. SL City is anticipating a new building. Outsiders like me don't think much of Chief Burbank, but we don't have any more than the occassional rumor or anecdote to judge by. He does seem pretty liberal though. I've worked with a couple of the detectives a time or two and all went well.

Further north we have the city of Layton. Thier FTO is VERY stringent, but they are well equipped. The brass can watch your dashcam from thier desks!
        Don't sit too long under a shade tree!
        Davis Co. S.O. is pleasant, but you won't go to Patrol unless you are a paramedic. Other agencies get along reasonably well; esp the southern Davis Co agencies like North Salt Lake, Bountiful, West Bountiful, Woods Cross, Centerville.
        Last edited by KenW.; 06-03-2011, 03:40 PM.
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

West Valley is the best out of the Salt Lake County agencies. Of course you are going to have alot of biased opinions.

Comment

Why is that one the best?

Comment

An outstanding Chief that looks out for the officers. A chase policy that still allows the guys to get after the bad guys. Pretty good pay and benefits and the busiest agency per officer in the State.

Comment

Sounds good to me....traffic do you work there?

Comment

I do. There are alot of good agencies out there but I think we have the best.

Comment

Learn Spanish if you want to work in West Valley lol. I would actually love to work for them.
                    The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
                    I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
                    Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

It seems that Unified Police are gaining in poplarity. They took over Midvale PD.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I work in West Valley City (Not as a cop!) I appreciate you guys making us feel safe out there. Please stay safe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6485 users online. 344 members and 6141 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X