300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salt Lake City PD is Hiring!

Starting May 13th Salt Lake City Police will be accepting applications for Police Officer Recruits. SLCPD does not take laterals at all so no POST cert is required up front. EVERYONE MUST attend their in house academy. Already been through two academies but this one will be worth it for sure. Good luck to all that apply.
    The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
    I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
    Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Yeah. And they think they're getting a new building too.
    Last edited by KenW.; 05-18-2011, 09:38 AM.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Good luck to all applicants!
      Last edited by Kieth M.; 05-09-2011, 10:52 PM.
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Anyone know about the process for out of state applicants?

Comment

Mr. Green

What do you mean when you mention this academy will be worth it for sure?

Comment

I just mean that I'm from Salt Lake City and have always wanted to work for them. I'm not to excited about having to attend another academy but it will be worth it if I can get hired by SLC. I'm pretty sure I'm eligible for a POST waiver so I will be able to get picked up by other agencies within the State and skip the academy but SLC don't play that game. If you want to work for them you have to attend their academy.
            The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

But I'd do him.
            Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

Comment

It clearly states on their website that they hire Laterals from in state and our of state. This is not making sense?
              Last edited by irishlad2nv; 05-17-2011, 05:58 AM.
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

They do hire laterals and give them credit for years served as a law enforcement officer as far as salary goes but they still make them attend their in house academy.

Here is the email for their HR rep. Her name is Candace Roberts and she can answer any questions you have.

[email protected]
                Last edited by Mr. Green; 05-17-2011, 03:29 PM.

But I'd do him.

Comment

Good luck everyone! I just got picked up by a Sherrif's Office out-of-state, or else I'd love to apply!

Comment

Bump<<Wrong forum>>
                    Last edited by CRJ200; 05-26-2011, 10:11 AM.

Comment

just awaiting my invite. I am excited to test! does anyone know how quickly they tipically run through their hiring roster?

Comment

Last year they did backgrounds on the top 22 candidates, sent the files to the chief and he chose 12 of them. They haven't hired any since then. this new group will be ranked in with the existing list. I don't know how many they are hiring this year, but I would imagine that however many they hire after this testing will be it for the rest of the fiscal year(July 1-June 30).

Comment

I had the pleasure of being Chief Burbank's waiter about a month ago and he told me that they aren't exactly sure when they will pick up any more officers but when they do they are looking at 12-15 or so. Who's ready for the PT test on the 16th??

But I'd do him.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6432 users online. 342 members and 6090 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X