300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone testing for SLPD on the 9th?

I am trying to decide between this and Vegas. I live close to Salt Lake but I am not sure how many they are hiring during this round. Vegas is hiring a ton and the pay is killer. I tried to make it down to the PT test demonstration tonight but couldn't make it. Sounds like this testing will be really fun.

i should and would probably be a shoe in but cant justify the 600 + mile drive.
    Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

Comment

Originally posted by bmizar View Post
      I am not sure how many they are hiring during this round.
      I haven't heard how many yet, but current class is 20, and the previous was 16. A few classes ago they had something like 35, but my understanding is that was unusually large.

Comment

Do you know how many people on average actually come out to test?

Comment

I tested in the spring (I'm in the current class), and there was approx. 90 guys at the agility test. By the time I was going in for the CVSA I was told that pool was already down to 40 or 45. The overall eligibility list is a bit longer than that as they keep applicants on the list for two years.

You're with Ogden? We've got an Ogden transfer in this class. Great guy.

Comment

I am a reserve up here in Ogden. I want to go full time though. Are you liking it so far? How much running do they have you doing?

Comment

I'm really enjoying it. Instructors in every area have been very good, and the department seems like it's well run. The detectives that have come in to teach classes from homicide, robbery, etc., all seem to really enjoy the work. Detectives in this department keep the 4 day work week just like patrol, which sounds like a sweet gig.

PT is three times a week, a mix of running and Crossfit style workouts. The runs are usually 4-5 miles.
              Last edited by campbell; 08-23-2008, 11:38 PM.

Comment

That sounds great! I hope I can get past all the tests and get in there.

Comment

The PT was pretty fun today. They said like 70 people showed up for it and all of them passed.

Comment

I wonder how many out of that 70 will make it to the academy.

Good luck bmizar.

I have about a year and a half until I begin applying.

Comment

I talked to the lady in HR today and she said that 130 showed up for testing and they are only going to take 10-15 into the academy. I am not liking those chances at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bmizar View Post
                        I talked to the lady in HR today and she said that 130 showed up for testing and they are only going to take 10-15 into the academy. I am not liking those chances at all.
                        Look at it this way, the 10-15 going into the academy will be the most superb (at least I hope so, and "political correctness" isn't taken into consideration, and there is a reason political correctness was put in quotes). The other thing, you know being part of only 10-15 you ARE among the best.

Good luck man, I hope you make it.

Comment

Originally posted by natejpg View Post
                          i should and would probably be a shoe in but cant justify the 600 + mile drive.

Ok, ok, ok. I'll bite. Why are you "a shoe in" for this department? And if you're a "shoe in" and you're not yet a cop, but want to be, how the hell can you not justify a 600+ mile drive to become one, or ANY distance for that matter?

Comment

Just my personal opinion about the shoe in taking into consideration the totality of my circumstances. as for the drive i'd love too but gas and time off work and when testing for SLCPD conflicts with testing for an agency looking to hire 700-800 in the next year it all of a sudden becomes a numbers game.
                            Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

Comment

Today was the written test. Talk about boring and long. Next up is the poly, psych and background.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3434 users online. 179 members and 3255 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X