Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at DPD

Hey Guys,

Ive been looking into Dallas PD for a long time now and Ive decided to try the August 15-17 weekend testing date. I have great references, im in shape, and im so ready to start this career. However, i was a little nervous about the oral board, could any of you guys give me some questions or advice that would be helpful in preparing myself mentally for this. Thanks in advance gentlemen. stay safe.

Try and relax, above all be confident and make a decision. The scenarios you get might throw you a little, but don't let it bother you too much. Try and have a little fun.
    "Out of every 100 men sent to battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a Warrior and he will bring the others back." -Heraclitus

Comment

As long as you have common sense and can think on your feet, you'll do fine. Like previously stated, be confident and if you f/u the scenario, sometimes it's appropriate to adapt and admit a bad decision was made.

Comment

Awesome name, 03 cobra owner here!

Comment

Thanks DalmTaylor...cant wait to start this weekend. how much emphasis is put on your application/resume. Being 21 i have to admit I have a pretty cruddy resume, no previous jobs ive held would give me any experience to prepare me for this job.

Comment

a lot of big departments prefer no prior experiance, that way they can train you their way, so dont sweat that

Comment

did a ride along tonight,pretty cool I must say. 11pm-5am, really quiet shift but learned alot about the job. I caint wait to start this job, it seems like i cant even consider doing anything else other than being a LEO at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by svtsupremecy View Post
                did a ride along tonight,pretty cool I must say. 11pm-5am, really quiet shift but learned alot about the job. I caint wait to start this job, it seems like i cant even consider doing anything else other than being a LEO at this point.
                What part of town were you in? You are going to have a blast! This is the best job in the world. Mom always said, "Find a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life." God luck with the process.
                Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Originally posted by Rush817 View Post
                  What part of town were you in? You are going to have a blast! This is the best job in the world. Mom always said, "Find a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life." God luck with the process.
                  He said quiet, so I'll assume he was way North of I-30...maybe even north of 635
                  sigpic
                  Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Yea, I went to the station closest to me, which is North Central Station. I live 10 minutes away and I figured I would go on atleast 1 ridealong before i did the weekend testing this august 16-17th. I tried to go on a midnight shift on a friday or saturday, but they had some trouble with my paperwork...i was pretty disappointed to say the least. doesnt matter at this point, ill get a real taste when im in the academy. Although the guy who took me on a ridealong was definatly not shy getting his hands dirty. he didnt stay away from the hotspots and less afluent parts of town. And yes there are some shady places in the north central area.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5870 users online. 343 members and 5527 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X