Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating Shifts

What's up, y'all?

I'm just curious. Does anyone know of any agencies in Texas that work the rotating shifts of 3on/4off - 4on/3off, etc.

Thanks for any help.

I think Irving is like that
    "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
    1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

And maybe White Settlement
      "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
      1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

Grand Prairie just went to 12 hr shifts and that is how they shifts work.
        Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

One of the supervisors at the Sheriff's Office where I work said that the schedule that I mentioned above is not feasible because of the Fair Labor Standards Act (Sp?). He mentioned something about having to put in for time on the short weeks and putting in OT on the long weeks.

I don't know much about the FLSA, but I can't understand this schedule being a problem if other agencies do it.

Comment

GPPD have an 8 hr shift on their swing day, which takes care of the OT issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSURobert View Post
              One of the supervisors at the Sheriff's Office where I work said that the schedule that I mentioned above is not feasible because of the Fair Labor Standards Act (Sp?). He mentioned something about having to put in for time on the short weeks and putting in OT on the long weeks.

I don't know much about the FLSA, but I can't understand this schedule being a problem if other agencies do it.
              That sounds like some of the excuses the officers who are against 12hrs shifts propagate so they can stay on 8's.

FLSA allows for alternate work periods for Police Offices,Firefighters and EMT's. 29 CFR §553.230

Comment

We (Rowlett) work 12 s with rotating days. Within that 2 week pay period we get an 8 hr day. You still have to have a "majority" vote by all sworn to get 12s passed.

Comment

12s

Originally posted by RPA1069 View Post
                  We (Rowlett) work 12 s with rotating days. Within that 2 week pay period we get an 8 hr day. You still have to have a "majority" vote by all sworn to get 12s passed.
                  Do you guys like the 12 hr shifts? I have been pushing them for awhile but I can't get the majority of the guys to get on board. How did you guys get it passed?

Comment

in austin we work 4 10's and i like it. it works out really nice

Comment

Thanks for the info, North.

power,

Does your days off rotate? I would prefer 10's if days off rotated, e.g. every other weekend. However, I just don't want to work straight 8's anymore. Having M/T or T/W off for the enxt 10 years doesn't sound too exciting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RPA1069 View Post
                        +1 here in Denton. We had a few guys upset about going to 12's. We have been working them going on 2 yrs now and love them.

Comment

Does Denton do rotating weekends or 3 on 4 off etc?

Comment

We are off every other weekend. We have one 8 hour day during the two week period.

Comment

That's Niiiiice..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3079 users online. 214 members and 2865 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X