Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Departments

Hi to everyone here.

My wife and I are thinking of making a move to another area and we haven't decided where yet.

We want to move to at least a mid major city. What are the departments like and cost of living in places like. Houston, Dallas, Austin areas. The website makes the houston pd look very professional and rewarding for qualifications and performance.

Thanks to all those who respond.

Originally posted by England View Post
    Hi to everyone here.

My wife and I are thinking of making a move to another area and we haven't decided where yet.

We want to move to at least a mid major city. What are the departments like and cost of living in places like. Houston, Dallas, Austin areas. The website makes the houston pd look very professional and rewarding for qualifications and performance.

Thanks to all those who respond.
    I would look into the Texas Department of Public Safety as one of the premier Departments in Texas, and you will be able to get close to one of those major cities you are looking for.

Plus since I am a member of the Texas DPS I am rather partial to them.
    GySgt USMC(Retired)

Once Marine, Always Marine

Courtesy Service Protection.............any questions?

Don't be a 99 on my route

Late at night a chill in the air, black and whites were everywhere, because nothing in this world is free, a Trooper's life was made for me.

Comment

Obviously we all have our own opinions so take it for what it's worth.

I was born and raised in Houston. I have been to every major city in Texas. The HPD website makes the department look great, but it's not somewhere I would ever work.

Austin is a great organization in the fact that pay and work hours are great. But your every move is critiqued due to the liberals you are policing.

I'll be in the DPS academy on Sept. 29.

Comment

If you're looking for a midmajor, I'd say Corpus Christi... they are currently hiring... http://www.ccpolice.com/police/
        sigpic
        Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Austin is a great place to live and work. Yes, unfortunately it is very liberal, but you get used to it and just deal with it. I copied below some other responses that I have typed out.

See responses in the following posts:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89939

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91486

Comment

Texas is just a great place to be.

The Dallas Fort Worth area is growing rapidly. Every Dept here needs officers bad. It is a lot easier to find a job in the DFW than most places.

Also Fort Worth is hiring and its a great PD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6273 users online. 359 members and 5914 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X