300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adopted a pet

Ok, I know this is something for a lawyer, but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the TX laws concerning microchipping, sterilizing, and vaccinating a dog when you adopt it from the pound...heres my situation..

I was stationed at ft. hood, last september or so Me and my wife get a 12 wk old puppy from the pound. She is too young to do all that stuff to so we are given a set amount of time to get the stuff done (about 8 months) However the dog is very hyper and is an outside dog, I come down on orders to go to germany, and the housing here isn't exactly the biggest (4 story apartments) so we give her to someone,as well as the p/w with the dates she needed all the stuff done by, the person says she understands and will get it done. I was living on post and had to have the dog registered on post, the other lady also lived on post. We both had to go in at the same time and transfer ownership of the dog to the other lady/other lady registeres her on post. This is before the date the animal had to have the stuff done to.

Now I just opened my mailbox and see a notice to appear in court. I am in Germany and can't really do that right now.

Does anyone know if me transfering ownership of the dog to the other lady will help me? Also how can i deal with this court date, as I am in germany and can not afford a lawyer.
    Want to start a website? I run Host Lonestar.
    Texas Discussion blog about texas...forum as well

I don't think that will be a state law, as much as it would be local ordinances... good choice on adopting a pound dog though
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Yeah, I prefer an animal from the pound, in my experiances they have always been better dogs. Any Ft. Hood area LEO's able to shed some light on this situation? I'm thinking about having the lady I gave her to take the p/w showing she's had the stuff done to the courthouse, maybe that would work.

Comment

I Am not a LEO, but if I was in your situation I would call the courthouse and talk to them ASAP. Explain the situation and fax them all of your info. You may have to pay a fine but they will most likely work with you and your situation. Good luck.

Comment

yeah

thats what I was thinking about doing, and getting the name of ther perrson I gave the dog too from the vet clinic where I registered her/she registered her. thanks guys

Comment

So what pound did you get the dog from? Kileen, Harker Heights????? You will most likely have to plea your case to the judge. Is there any way you can contact the lady who you gave the dog to and find out if she got the stuff done? If she did she needs to go show the city that it is done. I am not sure if the transfer of the dog will help you. Because you signed the paperwork saying you would get it done.

Comment

Copperas Cove. Coryell County court. It angers me, I should have had her sign something lol. Another quick question, I know in GA (Where I went to high school) a verbal agreement is a binding contract, is it the same in TX? I'm going to contact the court house today and inform them of my situation (phones were out from weed-fri last week so no calling for me) also, I have future asperations in TX LEO, is this something that will affect my employability? (I assume it will as it is a ding on my BI.) Unfortunatly I am in Germany and can't just go to the judge and pleed my case. I'm going to have to figure something ouut and hope I can just do a notarized statement and see what goes from there. I'm going to get a hold of the lady and try to get her to bring it down to the courthouse, or at worse see if I can get a coryell county deputy to try to obtain the p/w for the courts (I don't really like the idea of trusting someone to do something after that person has not done something else like they said it would, and I lived in liberty housing area, a kind of on post housing that is open to the public, no controlled access, but on the coryell side of the line) I'm going to call the court house today after work and will post the results of that call this evening my time. Thanks again for everyone's input. I hope this isn't a ding against me, but I know I'll have to say it and give my side of the story. And about the employability question, I'm looking at either SAPD, DPS, or Bandera County SD. So anyone in any of those areas with insight would be greatly appreciated, just PM me please.

Comment

An update for anyone that took the time to read/respond to my post. The animal Control office just made me fax them a signed letter stating I gave the dog away to someone I couldn't remember the name of, and they drew up the dismissal papers for me. However, I had someone sign a statement stating they witnessed me send it so if that ever comes back to get me, as well as listen to me when I was talking with them confiming they received it. Thanks again....

Comment

Glad to hear everything worked out ok

Comment

(A) it shouldn't come back on you. Its not a criminal thing its a civil thing. I would also think a plus coming to a pound to adopt. You did what you had to at that time. (shipping the dog overseas, would have had a mandated 4 month quarantine) she stated the dog would be fixed. I know most pounds and SPCA's are serious enough to do it for you- by bring the animal back.
                    (I do like the new orange county law- by four to six months they have to be fixed..trust me way too many strays)

I think its really going to be dismissed and all around taken care of.
                    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                    Oscar Wilde

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4402 users online. 272 members and 4130 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X