300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bear with me...I just need to vent

Do you know what it is like to supervise a freaking correctional facility? Well, let me tell you what it is like to freaking supervise a freaking correctional facility: supervising a correctional freaking facility is like stuffing 50 pounds of horse **** in a 40 pound bag and hoping that you don't get your hands dirty doing it.

There is always somebody that has something that just has to be an issue.when you think things are going good and it will be a relatively decent day, somebody has to pull some crap.... the inmates have a tendency to do this also.

What is more difficult?: supervising a staff of crybabies that always have to moan and complain about something, or trying to handle the inmates that take advantage of this immature nonsense by playing staff members against each other.

I just don't get it. Corrections officers are supposed to be tough. Corrections officers are supposed to be willing to go the extra mile and suck it up when challenging situations arise. So what the hell is wrong with my staff? If my staff was a herd of gazelles we'd be eaten by every lion in the African jungle dammit.

It's a fire drill for God's sake. A freaking fire drill!!!!!!! However, everyone and their dog wants to come to me and complain that they are tired of doing fire drills because putting on the Scott airpack is giving them back spasms. The damn thing weighs ten pounds for Christ's sake!!!!! Then they try to threaten me with the worker's comp bullcrap, talking about how " their doctor " recommends that they not participate in fire drills. Well let me tell you what: if you are justy going to sit by and moan and whine while our facility is burning to the ground then why don't you take it to the house so you're not in my way while I'm trying to rescue lives.

We don't like doing cell searches because it means we have to wake up the inmates and that might make them mad. What in the blue hell is this supposed to mean? Oh, I know... it means you care much more about having a quiet day not dealing with inmates than having a safe facility where everybody goes home alive. Let's not disturb the heathens' sweet dreams ( dreams that probably involve us in a casket ).

Why didn't you pat him down before he returned to his cell? " Well, we've never been told to do that before so why should I do it now? ". Why should you do it now? How about because he might have a shank or contraband or a weapon now? Is that a good enough reason? ****. Dammit.

Now that I have that out of my system... how do y'all feel about that Jason Kidd trade?

I think it could help the Mavs. Its true value will be seen in about 2 years.
    "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
    1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

I am tired of the Dallas teams playing second fiddle. Anything that helps them out is good by me.
      No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
      -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Comment

Actaully, the Mavs play third fiddle behind the Rockets, and of course, the Four Time NBA Champion Spurs...

irolllow, in my Correctional Supervisory experience, I found that I spent 5% of my time on inmates and the rest on staff.
        sigpic
        Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

forget the mavs, start talking about the cavs

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Eye View Post
            forget the mavs, start talking about the cavs
            You are in the wrong section to be talking about the Cavs
            "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
            1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

Originally posted by irolllow View Post
              ....talking about how " their doctor " recommends that they not participate.....
              I used to get that from time to time. The conversation went like this:

Officer (whining): My doctor says it's medically dangerous for me to do such and such.

Me: Ok. Bring me a note from him and I'll make sure you never have to do it again.

Officer (now smiling because he thinks he pulled a fast one on the old guy) : Really L-T???

Me: Not a problem. Performing this task is one of the minimum requirements of the job. If your doctor says you are no longer capable of doing it, we have to medically terminate you. What other job skills do you have to fall back on in the private sector?

Officer: Never mind. I feel better now.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Great reply, L-1.
                No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
                -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamkn View Post
                  Great reply, L-1.
                  What really annoys me is how stupid people can be about things like this. Years ago, the union steward and the labor rep from the regional union office came to me about one of my officers who was just lazy and didn't want to work. Together, they painted a picture of a man who was almost at death's door and who should not be asked to move from behind a desk in the office, for fear that he might have a heart attack or a stroke.

With a look of shock on my face I asked them if the employee was really this ill and whether he had truly authorized them to tell me about the seriousness of his condition. They insisted that he had. With a deep sigh of resignation I pointed out that as his union representatives, they had just officially notified me that he was medically incapable of performing the duties of his position. Under the circumstances I had no choice but to immediately relieve him of duty pending medical termination. Faster than a faith healer can lay hands on someone at a tent service, they pronounced him as completely healthy and fit for duty, and left my office. I guess there really are miracles because he continued to have a long career there for many years after I left that agency.
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I have heard that there is about to be a physical agility requirement instilled... hopefully that will bring-out the truth

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5112 users online. 282 members and 4830 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X