• Dallas PD patrol shifts

What type of shifts do they work?

generally 8 hrs

Comment

Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
      generally 8 hrs
      UUUuhhhggg!

Comment

I know, 8 hour shift. that's just brutal!

What ever happened to 4 hour days? ;P

Comment

I'd rather work a 10hour shift

Comment

Give me 8's any day of the week! I'm on a 12-hour rotation right now (every other weekend off) and I HATE this schedule. I don't care that I get every other weekend off, I'd rather have 2 set days off and only work that 8 hr shift!
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

4 tens with 3 set days a week would sound good to me, lol.

Comment

12hr shifts

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                Give me 8's any day of the week! I'm on a 12-hour rotation right now (every other weekend off) and I HATE this schedule. I don't care that I get every other weekend off, I'd rather have 2 set days off and only work that 8 hr shift!
                What do you hate about it? I'm in academy now but my agency works the same schedule you described. 12hr shifts, every other weekend is a three day'r (Fri-Sun). Everyone seems to like it and having the time off when the rest of the family is was a selling point for me.
                "The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it – Thucydides"

Comment

Originally posted by cbrown_tx View Post
                  What do you hate about it? I'm in academy now but my agency works the same schedule you described. 12hr shifts, every other weekend is a three day'r (Fri-Sun). Everyone seems to like it and having the time off when the rest of the family is was a selling point for me.
                  Yeah, you're off every other weekend, but guess what? You're still working 160 hours a moth, just like the guy that puts in 40 per week. And you have to sleep sometime. So the days you work 12's, usually are shot for anything other than sleep and work. Naah, I'll keep doing 'em 'til I found some place that doesn't!
                  Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

I work 12's now, we get a 3 days off one week and 4 off the other. I always know when my days off are and would never give up this schedule for 8's. Youare right that your work days are shot, but then you have 3 or 4 days to do as you please.

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                      Are you crazy!!!! 12's are awesome. I would never want 8's again ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
                        Are you crazy!!!! 12's are awesome. I would never want 8's again ever.
                        No, I hate 12's. And they are not awesome. Once I leave this department (if I ever do), I'll have researched my next dept. thoroughly and ensure that they only work 8's.......at a stretch 10's.

Comment

How about overtime? Can you stay a few hours after a shift and work if you want?
                          Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5865 users online. 216 members and 5649 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X