Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas departments

What are the best paid departments in Texas? Thinking of relocating from NY

Look at the suburbs of Dallas, good pay and most pay lateral, with a bonus. Most of the departments retirement is all Texas Municipal Retirement Service (TMRS), which include a lot of Texas cities....and if you work for department X and decide to change to department Y, the retirement follows you. Many departments have changed to a 20 year retirement, instead of 25. We've had several NY guys come this way. Look up department websites for details.

Plano, Frisco, Richardson, Garland, McKinney, Allen, Coppell, Carrolton, Arlington, Grand Prairie.

As far as Dallas PD....they are having another issue with their city retirement fund, they are 3 Billion dollars short.......so, might want to steer clear.

https://www.keranews.org/news/2022-1...hort-3-billion

Comment

Stay the eff away from Dallas. It is circling the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by NCM1986 View Post
        What are the best paid departments in Texas? Thinking of relocating from NY
        Probably the agencies located in Democrat-run areas, much like where you are now.

Comment

Democrat-run if you want to get paid decent money and earn a pension. Republican-run if you're looking for pats on the back and thin blue line yard signs.

Comment

Pay changes so much, I can't keep up. However, San Antonio was always known to be paid well with good benefits. There are a lot of crappe-whole areas of the city, but there are a LOT of really nice areas. It is right on the edge of the Texas Hill Country, and even though the local government is liberal, many of the regular Joes in the nicer areas are conservative. Just understand, if you are coming from a northern local, you will be subjected to some really nasty heat and humidity here.

As I have said so many times here, here in Texas, there are MANY local governments and other entities with police so don't just focus on large city departments. Do research and then focus on an area to an even more detailed research. The net is your friend! Also, there are departments with take home units programs, and many of those are county officers - sheriff deputies and constable deputies. To me, my take home unit is a HUGE perk which saves me tons of money, time, and headaches. Good luck, Yankee!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4089 users online. 215 members and 3874 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X