300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Police Mentor Program 2022-2023

This topic is created to help out people who are about or want to apply for the Houston Police Department but want to have an insight understanding before applying for HPD. If you are about to apply for HPD and have not done anything yet, I can sign you up for the Mentor Program which will allow me to guide you through the entire process from the day you send your application to recruiting center until you graduate, and until get off the Field Training program on the street. You can message me or post it here if you have any questions and I will try to reply.

Note: There are a couple of things to keep in mind if you are in the process of waiting after the submission of your application.
    • I have applicants who sent me private messages to help them out when their applications were rejected or failed at a certain phase. Unfortunately, the department will not allow me to help out unless you are my mentee to avoid some interference with the investigation.
    • If you already submitted your application to HPD or you are in the process of waiting from one phase to the next, you will not be eligible for the Mentor Program.
    • If you already submitted the NeoGov application, you will not be eligible for the Mentor Program.
    Advantages of Having a Mentor:
    1. I will guide you through the process as an applicant until you are done, which will take several months.
    2. After the application process and went through the final phase to be accepted as a cadet. I will continue to guide through 6 months at HPD academy.
    3. After that, you will graduate as a probationary officer, I will continue to guide you through another 6 months as a probationary officer on the street until you get off the program.

For more information, visiting https://hpdcareer.com/
    Last edited by HPDLa935; 03-27-2022, 08:11 AM.

If one of ya'll make it into HPD send me a msg and I can offer a 1 bd style loft for rent about 30 min from the academy.

Comment

Sounds like a good program for anyone interested.

Comment

Wish I knew about this before I applied

Comment

Is there any talks for an abbreviated academy for out of state officers?

Comment

They can do it here. Out of state and in state process are the same.

Comment

• brendan_m
              brendan_m commented
              Editing a comment
              I called recruiting and they said they aren’t offering any abbreviated academies for laterals at this time.

• HPDLa935
              HPDLa935 commented
              Editing a comment
              HPD barely have lateral class. You just have to keep checking with them.

• brendan_m
              brendan_m commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds good

HPDLa935, I'm quite interested in this as an out of state applicant.

Comment

• Blackbird85
              Blackbird85 commented
              Editing a comment
              HPDLa935, I've sent PM.

I'm about to apply to HPDLa935 by end of month and would love to enter this mentorship program as an out of state applicant.

Comment

This seems quite intriguing. Although I won't be eligible to apply to the department till 2025, I am curious to know if this has been a reoccurring program and if it will still exist by the time I hopefully graduate and apply to the department. Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by remellahmad04 View Post
                This seems quite intriguing. Although I won't be eligible to apply to the department till 2025, I am curious to know if this has been a reoccurring program and if it will still exist by the time I hopefully graduate and apply to the department. Thanks, and keep up the great work!
                This program has been on since 2017, maybe more. I don't think the department will take it away because it is a helpful program. Also, it is easier when the department processes applicants' applications because the mentor will help to look at it for a good preparation before applicants officially turn it in.

Comment

Houston PD is still looking for a mass amount of candidates to fill the classes. Below info are the upcoming classes.

FYI - Upcoming Cadet classes:
                  258 – 11/14/22
                  259 – 1/23/23
                  260 – 4/10/23
                  261 – 6/26/23

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3672 users online. 244 members and 3428 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X