300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matto View Post
    I read DFW news everyday, and it seems like just about every big crime committed in Dallas unfortunately the cops show up afterword and take a report. On the contrary I read a lot of articles out of FW where it seems like they respond in time, which tells me FW has a more cops for their call ratio, which is an obvious.
    Unfortunately DPD is very short on officers. The news says that the goal is 3 officers per 1000 citizens, which means around 4000 officers on the street. My guess is there are somewhere around 1000 to 1500 officers on patrol right now. There are a little over 3000 sworn officers on DPD right now. Lower wages, benefits, "lesser" equpiment, etc. than the surrounding cities is probably why DPD is not as attractive as other departments.

Comment

Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
      Unfortunately DPD is very short on officers. The news says that the goal is 3 officers per 1000 citizens, which means around 4000 officers on the street. My guess is there are somewhere around 1000 to 1500 officers on patrol right now. There are a little over 3000 sworn officers on DPD right now. Lower wages, benefits, "lesser" equpiment, etc. than the surrounding cities is probably why DPD is not as attractive as other departments.
      There are two other reasons:
      Laura Miller and the Dallas City Council....Working under them has to be a complete joy. Now that Miller is gone and there are some fresh faces on the council there may be hope for better days ahead in Dallas.

Comment

So if FW suits you better, why did you go with DPD? I just rec'd a card in mail that FW is accepting apps in July and testing in Aug. I just relocated to Weatherford (retired military) and looking for LEO position.
        "The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it – Thucydides"

Comment

I'm curious as to what kind of PT requirements FWPD has... I'm not looking to leave TC, but just curious, they seem to be squared away physically, but no mention of the requirements on their website.

Back to the DPD v. FWPD, I like FW's patches, but DPD's are ok too, after all, they're keeping it Old School, I know they've had them since at least 1963

On the Sgt's shoulder
          sigpic
          Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
            I'm curious as to what kind of PT requirements FWPD has... I'm not looking to leave TC, but just curious, they seem to be squared away physically, but no mention of the requirements on their website.

Back to the DPD v. FWPD, I like FW's patches, but DPD's are ok too, after all, they're keeping it Old School, I know they've had them since at least 1963

On the Sgt's shoulder

They have entrance PT requirements on their website, they do it on a point system.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3339 users online. 247 members and 3092 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X