300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Worth

What’s the word about FWPD? Pay seems good, how is moral?

What is the duty weapon? How long do you have to work the street, before you can try for a section?

I also like the new black and whites and the hats.
    Last edited by arcop223; 06-15-2007, 06:40 PM. Reason: sp

TCSO here, but see quite a few FW guys in a night... Seems like a good agency, they have an overwhelming turnout for their testing.
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Can ya'll compare Fort Worth Vs. Dallas PD? Pros and cons of each. Thanks

Comment

Fort Worth Vs DPD

On pay, FTW does better in the beginning, but DPD has sign up bonus and tops out higher(I think).
        FTW has better equipment and the cars look cool
        FTW- Republican DPD-Democrats (mostly because of the population they serve)
        Hehe, DPD has nice badges but sucky patches, and FTW has sucky badges but nice patches.
        From my experience, DPD had higher quality officers, but this is only from my small experience. Maybe I rode out on a bad shift.
        The geography and western feel of FTW suits me better, less pollution and more trees.
        I believe DPD is very busy, BUT you will not get bored in FTW. Both departments leave it to officer discretion when to activate Code 3. DPD has a much stricter chase policy.
        *Disclaimer* Only my opinion.
        Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

My outside opinion is FW is a lot better city to work in. I think FW has a lot better government that takes care of their officers, the city appreciates their officers which is evident by the tax dedicated just for LE. I read DFW news everyday, and it seems like just about every big crime committed in Dallas unfortunately the cops show up afterword and take a report. On the contrary I read a lot of articles out of FW where it seems like they respond in time, which tells me FW has a more cops for their call ratio, which is an obvious. Just seems like a better department.

Comment

Originally posted by NSAPoland View Post
            Fort Worth Vs DPD
            From my experience, DPD had higher quality officers, but this is only from my small experience. Maybe I rode out on a bad shift.
            This is probably the first time that phrase has ever been uttered. If I had to choose between the two....Forth Worth all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by dfwblue View Post
              This is probably the first time that phrase has ever been uttered. If I had to choose between the two....Forth Worth all the way.
              Yeah...Imagine my suprise, it must have been a bad shift.

Fort Worth all the way also.
              Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

Originally posted by dfwblue View Post
                Same here... I wouldn't mind working for them someday, but I hear its tough.

Comment

Hehe, DPD has nice badges but sucky patches, and FTW has sucky badges but nice patches.
                  Now don't be jealous that Fort Worth was is drowsy, a panther was found sleeping on Main Street, and that's why it sleeps on their badges!
                  sigpic
                  Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

I think the real thing is that it use to be know as Panther City.

Comment

Still is, kind of, which is why the Minor League team is the F.W. Cats, with a black panther as the mascot. Plus, there's the bronze sleeping panther statue in front of the Tarrant County Admininstration Building at Main and Weatherford (Across from the Old Courthouse)
                      sigpic

Comment

Fort Worth all the way also.
                        Just curious, then why is it you want to get hired with Dallas? Did you try applying with Fort Worth?
                        "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by Sully49 View Post
                          Just curious, then why is it you want to get hired with Dallas? Did you try applying with Fort Worth?
                          Sent PM.

Comment

Fort Worth is a really hard department to get on with. Usually there are anywhere from 800-1500 applicants and they love to RUN their trainees.
                            Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle. - Gordon Graham

Comment

Originally posted by TXDSX View Post
                              Fort Worth is a really hard department to get on with. Usually there are anywhere from 800-1500 applicants and they love to RUN their trainees.
                              RUN?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3446 users online. 246 members and 3200 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X