300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Trooper B-2021

Hey guys!! I applied for the A-22 class but got offered the B-21 instead. Is anyone else in the application process for this Academy class?

The class that starts in October?

Comment

Yes, B-21 on October 18th.
      What process are you on?

Comment

I got to Austin next week to finalize the process. I will be there two days.

Comment

Same here! I’m scheduled to go in on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.

Comment

I'm also scheduled for B2021 (originally applied for A2022). Completed poly earlier this month and awaiting background and medical/psych.
            Last edited by jmattres; 07-21-2021, 09:40 PM.

Comment

You should get a call from your background investigator soon!

Comment

I’m still waiting for the email from CAPPS for Austin.

Comment

• Alozano21
                  Alozano21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When did you complete your background investigation?

• Alozano21
                  Alozano21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Disregard bro! I think you told me already in the private messages!

• JCWTX
                  JCWTX commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am in the same boat. Just waiting to hear from CAPPS to schedule med/psych eval.

• jmattres
                  jmattres commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here as of today...waiting on invite for medical/psych. Been through background last couple of weeks.

When did you complete your background investigation?

Comment

Mine was late May early June according to my Investigator.

Comment

Are you still waiting for the email from CAPPS bro?

Comment

Yes sir! Still under consideration according to CAPPS

Comment

Good luck to all of y'all! We have a young deputy going through the process, and it looks like he will be leaving us in October for this academy. I know I didn't have to tell him, but me being me, I told him to hit the rowing machine hard, do at least 100 pushups and situps every day, get a kettle weight and go to town with it, and lastly, run run run. Watching youtube videos of past Texas DPS academies as well as other state's academies are motivating and informative. Mississippi and Indiana were notable to me, fyi. Again, good luck to y'all!

Comment

• Alozano21
                          Alozano21 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks man for the advice! Have you tried joining DPS?

Yes, back in late ‘80’s. At that time , there was a big push to recruit women and minorities, which the troopers told me flat out greatly limited my chances. I made it through everything, but just didn’t make the list. I did 26.5 years with a local department before retiring end of ‘15. I just got on with my current department about a month ago after being fully retired for over 5 years. My goal is to do a total of 30 years, but my mind and body may have different opinions.

Comment

• Alozano21
                          Alozano21 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nice! thank you for your service sir! I’ve only been a peace officer for 4 years. I finally got into shape and decided to join DPS. Im 29 yrs old and I’m not getting any younger.

Thanks for your service, sir! I've already given my basic advice above about getting physically fit and informing and motivating yourself watching training academy videos on youtube. Of course, brush up on the laws -Penal Code, Traffic Code, Health and Safety Code, TABC, and CCP.

I'm no expert in anything, but I've been through active service in the USMC, went through two peace officer academies, and had my LE career. When I watch those academy videos I refer to on youtube, I'm glad there are those out there wanting to put so much effort into their career of service. It takes special people to WANT to do that and even more special people who CAN pass the academy, let alone excel.

Good luck to all of y'all!

Comment

• jmattres
                          jmattres commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for the good luck!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2480 users online. 132 members and 2348 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X