300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid police departments in Texas

I apologize for the broad question but are there any other departments down in Texas worth applying to in your opinion? I have no ties to any city and I’m willing to go anywhere in the state. (I’d prefer to not be in the middle of nowhere. I prefer to be in or close to a city. I’d prefer to be somewhere nice to raise a family. Lastly, I would prefer to be in a more conservative part of the state, where the city leaders and upper management support their cops.)
    New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Then stay out of Austin...

Comment

Lol ! My department does not have our backs for the most part and my city is extremely liberal. I’ve received the memo on Austin lol

Comment

That's the bad part about Texas and other states with very large populated metro areas - they aren't just blue, they're purply-blue! If you have read any of my responses in the Texas posts here, you would see that I say to focus in on the smaller cities in and around these larger cities. These larger cities were way smaller, and over time have grown to where they surround smaller cities. A lot of those smaller cities are more conservative than the larger ones. Also, even a county over from one of these larger cities will get you more in the red. The caveat is many of these smaller cities don't have their own academy. For that you can attend a basic peace officer academy to get your license. Some can get a department to sponsor them, but it is more normal to be self sponsored.

You would think it would be pretty easy to answer your question, but Texas is growing in population so fast that areas once thought of as being red now have gone blue. It will only get worse due to the booming economy and quality of life. Too bad that our weather is So So Hot and humid during the a lot of the year. At least the generally mild winters makes up for that. Also, there is a change in seasons here in Texas, but it is mostly a blurred line rather that distinct seasons found up in the north.

Comment

Originally posted by angeredmgmt View Post
          At least the generally mild winters makes up for that. Also, there is a change in seasons here in Texas, but it is mostly a blurred line rather that distinct seasons found up in the north.
          I wish I could post a picture of the igloo my wife and I built on our property during the snow storm here in central Texas recently...

Comment

Angered, I sent you a private message.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6354 users online. 360 members and 5994 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X