Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Police Out of State process

Hello everyone,

I’m considering a move to Texas with my wife and kids. I’m from New York City and I’m tired of how liberal this city is. I’d also love better weather and lower cost of living.

has anyone done the out of state process for Houston PD? If so, how was your experience? Also, how are things with Houston PD? Morale? Schedule? Any info is appreciated.
    New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

I started the out of state process in December 2017 and started the academy November 2018. When I went through the process was completed in 1 week, you did all the required actions in one trip. I now believe this has been split to two. I was offered a spot in the June 2018 class but could not leave from PA that quick because of my lease. Now being on the streets almost two years, the department is suffering from lower morale because people feel the chief is too liberal and doesn’t have our backs when state law isn’t broken. Overall it’s a good department to work for because I don’t deal with the chief ever and I get to be proactive and nobody says a word to me about it.

Comment

Here is the current list of some vacancies around Texas: http://tcole.texas.gov/content/statewide-vacancies There's even an opening for an officer in Trophy Club, Texas. What a cool name for a city! 'Morning, sir, I'm Officer So and So of the Trophy Club PD, may I see your driver's license and proof of financial responsibility? Near a fishing lake so that's a big positive!

Comment

Isn't shooting commercials for Nationwide enough?

Comment

LOL good one !
          New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

Eli, some good things about my hometown are the many restaurants, shows and events there. You have your pro sports teams, Galveston is a short drive and if there are opportunities for outdoor sports like hunting and fishing. Texas in pretty much a privately owned state so if you want to go hunting, you will have to deal with a private landowner unless you hunt in the National Forests north of Houston and the private lands the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department lease for hunting. You have NASA there in the Clear Lake area, and in that same area, you have the Kemah Boardwalk. If you have a desire to do Mardi Gras, you can celebrate it locally or just take a day drive over to New Orleans.

I used to go to the Houston Symphony Orchestra performances, but so far, I haven't been to any performances of the local orchestras here. I would surely attend as much as I could I was living back i Houston.

And as I have said before, Houston is made up of many cities with their own PDs. Bellaire, West University Place, Southside Place, Pasadena, Missouri City, the combined cities PD known as Memorial Villages PD, Sugar Land, Richmond, Rosenberg and Pearland are just to name a few. As I have told you, are more LE positions in Houston than anywhere else I know of.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4927 users online. 273 members and 4654 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X