Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DART Police

Hello all,
    I'm from Michigan. I am looking for info. on the DART Police. Is it a good department to work for? Good benefits? Good Promotion Potential?
    Any information would help.
    Thank you.

I have a friend that just stopped working there after 7 years because of the promotional problems and clashes with middle managers. Basically from my understanding its mostly traffic enforcement and getting drunks of busses. All the benefits are listed n their website and they are testing in october.
    Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

Ok everyone...
      I guess what I am asking is...
      Would you pack up your family and move to Texas to work here? Or would that be a waste of time?

Comment

Since I am the only one responding. I vote 100% waste of time. I think after a couple years, you will not be satisfied.
        Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

I would have to agree. I personally would not move my family here to work for DART, but there are plenty of opportunities in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by dfwblue View Post
            I would have to agree. I personally would not move my family here to work for DART, but there are plenty of opportunities in this area.
            Agreed.
            San Antonio, some say best agency in Texas, is hiring. I think deadline is 2nd of July.Check them out.

Comment

Thank you for your honesty.
              It is appreciated.

Comment

I say it again and again. If you want to move to DFW area, there are endless choices. Dart has its goods and bads. It depends on what you type of police work you are looking for. Agencies hiring at this time that i know of....hmmm lets see.............Well, Metroplex area with good pay: Carrollton, Farmers Branch, Frisco, Mckinney, Rowlett, Denton, Plano, Mesquite, Allen, N. Richland Hills, DFW Airport, Richardson, Irving, Arlington..... Most of the agencies listed hire on a regular basis and have websites. My agency Denton, will be testing again soon...........

Of course, Dallas PD and FT. Worth PD test on a regular basis as far as i know of.

Comment

I forgot Garland PD.........

Comment

Would I pack up my family and move them to Texas? Any day of the week, but hey, 6 generations ago, my family packed up from Virgina, painted GTT on the front door of their house and booked it to the Hill Country.

Now, let me tell you about my expierence with DARTPD
                    I was living up on the vast, treeless, snow covered prairie when I applied with them for Peace Officer. I flew to Dallas to take their exam, was halfway through it when the woman said that we could stop where we were in our testing or finish it, but the DART board had decided that they were not going to fund the positions they had advertised, and weren't sure when that would occur.

Now, some things about DART: You only patrol the current HOV lanes in DFW (TxDOT will own the new HOV/T lanes on the Tom Landry)

Your job will consist of throwing drunks and fare evaders off of buses/trains

You do not have primary jurisdiction anywhere! The local police department is the primary jurisdiction, so here's the agencies you will be coordinating with:

Cities: Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Cockrell Hill, Farmers Branch, Garland, Glenn Heights, Highland Park, Irving, Plano, Richardson, Rowlett and University Park (Not on this list, but I believe Ft Worth, Hurst, and North Richland Hills as well, as DARTPD responds to calls at TRE stations except Ft Worth Texas & Pacific and Fort Worth Intermodal, which are handled by FWPD, as the-T doesn't have a PD)

Counties: Dallas, Collin, Denton, Ellis, Rockwall and Tarrant
                    sigpic
                    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone.
                      I will keep investigating other options.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4067 users online. 211 members and 3856 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X