• Mesquite (TX) PD 2021 Testing

Mesquite PD will be testing in 2021 on the following dates:
    1/22/21
    3/5/21
    4/30/21
    8/6/21
    9/24/21
    11/5/21
    All exams are currently scheduled for 0900. The physical agility test will take place the next day at a time/location which will be announced closer to the test date. If interested, go to www.iwantobeacop.net This site will have our pay scale and additional information about our agency. Our process is not easy and very few applicants make it through. If you are up for the challenge, come on out and test. I hope our ride-out program will open up at some point, however it is not in place at this time due to the virus. If anyone has any questions, please ask. If the question involves a matter concerning a persons specific background, it will be answered via a PM only. General questions will be discussed on this open forum. We have had new positions approved and are currently looking to hire 19. We will have several academy classes next year. Good luck to all who are interested.

The link posted isn't working.

Comment

Apologies, I left out a letter. The site is www.iwanttobeacop.net It seems a missing "t" makes a world of difference.

Comment

I just tried the link and it is now working. We have an academy starting in January 2021, which we are working on filling right now. Currently scheduling out an academy starting in June 2021. When that schedule is finalized, I will probably have another which will start in the latter part of the year. We now have 16 openings and that number should go down more because we have several more in backgrounds.

Comment

• Iamkre8
          Iamkre8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just now catching up on messages is the January class all full?

• MPD Training
          MPD Training commented
          Editing a comment
          The test in January will be for the class which starts in June 2021. All tests given this year are in the final stages of being completed and will be going to the class which starts in January. The class is not yet full, but will be within a week or two.

We have changed our testing dates for 2021. Here are the new ones:
        Friday 1/15/2021- 0900
        Saturday 3/6/2021- 0800
        Friday 4/2/2021- 0900
        Friday 6/11/2021- 0900
        Saturday 8/7/2021- 0800
        Friday 9/3/2021- 0900
        Friday 11/5/2021- 0900
        Locations of each test will be announced and posted on our city website. If there are any more changes, I will post them on this thread. Good luck to all and try to stay safe and healthy!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamkre8 View Post
          The link posted isn't working.
          Give this applicant extra credit!
          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

We have posted a series of vlogs with some of our current recruit class on our Facebook page (Mesquite Police Department - Texas). In addition to this, there is more information about our department and city on our page.

Comment

Our first test of 2021 is quickly approaching. The deadline to apply is 1/8/2021. We currently have 12 openings we are looking to fill. The January test will be for our academy class which will start in June. We are hoping to have at least 10 in that class. There will also be a class starting later in the year which has not yet been scheduled out. When I have a start date for that class, I will post it here.

Comment

Hey MPD training. I am relocating to Texas at the end of January 2021. For the past five years I have been a Corrections Officer for the US prison system. I am excited to take the exam for Mesquite as my goal has always been to be a police officer as well as seeing Mesquite PD for years on this forum engaging with potential candidate's, however I saw on previous posts that due to the virus you have to have not traveled outside of Texas within the last 30 days ? Is this still the case, if so I will have to wait for the April exam! Thank you.
                Last edited by Romanatwood; 12-22-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

At this time Texas does not have travel restrictions or quarantine requirements in place. If the state you are traveling from has any restrictions in place, then you will need to comply with whatever they are. We will take temperatures of all who test and take the physical agility test. Anyone who has an elevated temperature will not be allowed entry into the testing facility or the gym for the agility test. If someone shows up who feels ill or has any symptoms of illness, they will also be denied entry but will be allowed to take one of our other exams after they have recovered their health. Good luck to you and I hope to see you at our test.

Comment

Our first test of the year is this Saturday. The H/R folks should open up the system for those who want to sign up for our March test early next week. We are looking to fill our June class with applicants from our Jan., March, and April tests. We are looking at having our last academy class start in mid-November. When I get the schedule finalized, I will post the start date here for those who are interested. Our last test this year is in November and that will be used to fill our class which will start sometime in 2022. Good luck to everyone in their search for LE employment.

Comment

Our last academy class of 2021 will begin on 10/11. This will only change if the Chief directs it to be moved. Our class which starts 6/21 should have applicants from the January, March, and April test dates. The 10/11 class should have applicants from June and August. I have heard we may have an additional test given in May or July (only speculation at this time). If either or both of those tests are given, they will help fill the October class. The remainder of our tests this year will be for the first class of 2022, which has not yet been scheduled. Currently we are thinking of having that class start sometime early in the year, possibly Feb. or March. Good luck to all in their search for a law enforcement job. We now have a social media presence on several different platforms, give us a look (just make sure you are looking a Mesquite PD in Texas, not Nevada).

Comment

If I am reading right the last academy class will be in October. Is June the last date to test and get into an academy this year, if hired? I would test sooner, but I’m on the tail end of Achilles surgery recovery and running is still 2 months off for me I believe. I’ve been looking at a lot of department’s websites lately and I gotta say that Mesquite definitely is more organized than most.

Comment

There is a chance (slim but still a chance) that the August test could make the October class. Make sure you are healthy before attempting our agility test, or anyone's for that matter. There is a significant amount of running in the academy so you need to be 100% recovered. If you are not healed sufficiently to make the October class, I expect the next class to start sometime in Feb. to April 2022. We have the ability to hire recruits to work in our jail if they need a job before the academy starts. We have done this several times and all of those hired benefited greatly from the time they spent in our jail. It gave them time to familiarize themselves with our computer system and geography. Good luck to you!

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I’ll definitely be fine by October and I believe I’ll be fine before then as well. I don’t plan to do anything unless I’m cleared by my physical therapist and surgeon. I will also look at the positions in the jail as well. Thank you for that suggestion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6299 users online. 324 members and 5975 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X