300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston area dept's hiring?

Hello, I am currently in the hiring process for Houston P.D., but in case something doesn't work out there I would like to have more options. Are any departments around Houston (preferably South or West) hiring. I am not trying to be lazy in any way, but I am in college in Oklahoma and I am not familiar with the Houston area, so it is difficult to say the least for me to do research. If I could just get the names of some departments there, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Stafford is hiring *good agency*

West University was hiring.

Bellaire is hiring

Numerous Harris County Constables are hiring, namely Precinct 4 and 5 and 8

South Houston PD is hiring

Webster Police are hiring *great department*

Nassau Bay PD is hiring *not much action*

Shall I go on?
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

That ought to keep me busy for a couple of days! Thank you very much.

Comment

Any time...and if you need further resources go to www.tml.org

click on classifieds and then police...you'll get a variety of departments all over the state.

If you have a four year degree, look into the Deer Park Police Department.

Comment

Cities SW of Houston that are hiring:

Sugar Land ($$$)
          Missouri City
          Stafford
          Fort BEnd S.O.
          Rosenburg ($$$ if u have prior LE Exp)
          Richmond

South of Houston (dunno if hiring)

City of Pearland
          Friendwood (S-SE of Hou)
          Fresno, which used to be "podunk" but is booming with expansion

West:
          City of Jersey Village (NW Hou)
          Katy
          Memorial Villages ($$$)
          Spring Valley
          Hedwig Village ($$)

And small Municipalities smack dab in the middle of Houston:

City of West University Place ($$$, esp for expirience)
          Bellaire
          Southside Place

If you wanna stay in a "big Dept".....City of Pasadena (SE of Hou) and Harris County SO (where Houston is located--the "real" Police agency as one Deputy told me....<shrug>).

Frank

Comment

We are hiring in Manvel, can be busy at times and slow at times. Pay is not at the top right now but we are on our way there.

Comment

HMFIC mentioned some good departments that I completely forgot...cept Im pretty sure Fresno is part of Missouri City and if not, they are Fort Bend Co. jurisdiction.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I will start doing research on all of these. Again, thank you.

One question though, at the tml.com website almost all of the jobs say they require current TCLEOSE certification. Can I just get that, or is that part of what you get at an academy? I am just confused because it seems like they all want modified entry officers. Thanks.
                Last edited by Future_Cadet; 05-31-2007, 12:06 PM.

Comment

You will have to check with each department, but most if they say you have to be certified by TCLEOSE then you have to have already attended an academy and passed the TCLEOSE test. Some departments such as Webster, League City, La Marque, Pearland and others will send you off to an academy. If you apply to Pasadena PD they have their own academy as does HPD and Pasadena has some bad ***** tactical training. Prob one of the best midsize/large agencies in the Houston area.

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                    HMFIC mentioned some good departments that I completely forgot...cept Im pretty sure Fresno is part of Missouri City and if not, they are Fort Bend Co. jurisdiction.

Youre right...but theres Arcola, which has its own PD...and its expanding as well....

Comment

There are so many damn towns in and around the Houston area that are hiring its damn near ridiculous. I dont know what the deal is with Rosenberg, they've been looking for people for a long time, either they are really picky or arent getting alot of applicants.

Comment

That's the problem I am running into. I know little to nothing about the Houston area, but my future wife (from Houston) took me down there and I fell in love with the area so I agreed we would live down there. The bad part is, she isn't too familiar with many of the PD's in the area so she is not much help. Being 7 hours away doesn't help much either. I appreciate all of the help, and hopefully will soon be joining the ranks in (or around) Houston.

Comment

well, theres plenty of agencies around here hiring so Im sure something will pop up for u.

Comment

Originally posted by Future_Cadet View Post
                            That's the problem I am running into. I know little to nothing about the Houston area, but my future wife (from Houston) took me down there and I fell in love with the area so I agreed we would live down there. The bad part is, she isn't too familiar with many of the PD's in the area so she is not much help. Being 7 hours away doesn't help much either. I appreciate all of the help, and hopefully will soon be joining the ranks in (or around) Houston.
                            HPD give you a time table on your background yet? Since youre out of state, it may a take a bit longer since they have to travel.

Frank

Comment

I talked to my recruiter yesterday, and he said he is just waiting on it to come back from the supervisors so he can send it to polygraph. From there, I just have to wait until the polygraph examiner calls to schedule the examination. Only after I pass poly does a BI start my background, or at least that is my understanding. I tried to make it as easy as possible for the BI by listing references who are all in the same town and available all day. Hopefully they won't have to spend too much time trying to schedule appt's, etc. The only annoyance they may run into is that half of my employers are in one town and half are in another town 1.5 hours away.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5226 users online. 321 members and 4905 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X