Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future_Cadet
    replied
    That is exactly what I have been told by many, many people. I do understand to a point though, I wouldn't want some moron backing me up so why would the officers who already made the cut.

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied
    To be honest, most of these damn departments over analyze the applicants, too concerned with perfect on paper and not concerned enough with work ethic and ability.

Leave a comment:

• Future_Cadet
    replied
    Well I am not yet in Law Enforcement currently, so I know I am not qualified for several dept's. I am slowly making progress finding out which departments are hiring FNG's and which aren't. I am not giving up on HPD, but I don't want to run the risk of something falling through there and being without a job after I graduate from college. I do believe I am qualified, but I realize it is not really up to me.

Leave a comment:

• gare442
    replied
    Everyone down here is hiring. Big and small departments are having a very difficult time filling vacancies with QUALIFIED applicants.

Leave a comment:

• AKA=Cruz
    replied
    JSD73 is correct Im HCSO..Northwest..

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied
    Cruz is a Harris County Sheriff's Deputy.

Leave a comment:

• Future_Cadet
    replied
    Thank you Cruz. You are on HPD right? What part of town do you work?

Leave a comment:

• AKA=Cruz
    replied
    Here is a link to a LEO Paper that advertises for local agencies in the Houston area.

http://www.thebluesnews.com/

Leave a comment:

• HMFIC
    replied
    Originally posted by Future_Cadet View Post
    I talked to my recruiter yesterday, and he said he is just waiting on it to come back from the supervisors so he can send it to polygraph. From there, I just have to wait until the polygraph examiner calls to schedule the examination. Only after I pass poly does a BI start my background, or at least that is my understanding. I tried to make it as easy as possible for the BI by listing references who are all in the same town and available all day. Hopefully they won't have to spend too much time trying to schedule appt's, etc. The only annoyance they may run into is that half of my employers are in one town and half are in another town 1.5 hours away.

Cool...Just stay on top of them (recruiter) and stay notified.

Leave a comment:

• Future_Cadet
    replied
    I talked to my recruiter yesterday, and he said he is just waiting on it to come back from the supervisors so he can send it to polygraph. From there, I just have to wait until the polygraph examiner calls to schedule the examination. Only after I pass poly does a BI start my background, or at least that is my understanding. I tried to make it as easy as possible for the BI by listing references who are all in the same town and available all day. Hopefully they won't have to spend too much time trying to schedule appt's, etc. The only annoyance they may run into is that half of my employers are in one town and half are in another town 1.5 hours away.

Leave a comment:

• HMFIC
    replied
    Originally posted by Future_Cadet View Post
    That's the problem I am running into. I know little to nothing about the Houston area, but my future wife (from Houston) took me down there and I fell in love with the area so I agreed we would live down there. The bad part is, she isn't too familiar with many of the PD's in the area so she is not much help. Being 7 hours away doesn't help much either. I appreciate all of the help, and hopefully will soon be joining the ranks in (or around) Houston.
    HPD give you a time table on your background yet? Since youre out of state, it may a take a bit longer since they have to travel.

Frank

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied
    well, theres plenty of agencies around here hiring so Im sure something will pop up for u.

Leave a comment:

• Future_Cadet
    replied
    That's the problem I am running into. I know little to nothing about the Houston area, but my future wife (from Houston) took me down there and I fell in love with the area so I agreed we would live down there. The bad part is, she isn't too familiar with many of the PD's in the area so she is not much help. Being 7 hours away doesn't help much either. I appreciate all of the help, and hopefully will soon be joining the ranks in (or around) Houston.

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied
    There are so many damn towns in and around the Houston area that are hiring its damn near ridiculous. I dont know what the deal is with Rosenberg, they've been looking for people for a long time, either they are really picky or arent getting alot of applicants.

Leave a comment:

• HMFIC
    replied
    Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
    HMFIC mentioned some good departments that I completely forgot...cept Im pretty sure Fresno is part of Missouri City and if not, they are Fort Bend Co. jurisdiction.

Youre right...but theres Arcola, which has its own PD...and its expanding as well....

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4771 users online. 292 members and 4479 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X