300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: Agency stuck n old ways?

I work for a small Dept. in north texas bout 25 sworn officers. I really like the agency good place for family to live but busy enough where I will get much needed experience and not be bored.

Only problem I see so far is salary and equipment issues. the dept. is stuck in old ways we still have cars that are like from 97 no mdt's among other things seem like they are happy with just getting by. anyway Im still on the lower end of the totem pole and am looking for ways to kind of get involved with being more pro active in the dept as far as getting us some decent equipment and salary jumps.

Any suggestions?

thanks your help is much appreciated.
    "If you want forgiveness go get some religion"

My advice to you would be to keep your mouth shut no matter what. Having been outspoken in the past in departments a bit larger than yours I found myself screwed out of my job. The salary will come from whoever prepares the budget and presents it to the city council or whoever approves it so you might be out of luck there and getting new equipment, that's also a budgetary problem.

Contact TMPA and see if they can do a salary survey for y'all and inquire as to how to go about getting newer equipment but for the most part, don't make waves as you might ride one outta the department.
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

yeah that what Im worried bout hopefully all that stuff will come in time but would like to help speed the process up. tmpa though good idea!
      "If you want forgiveness go get some religion"

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
        My advice to you would be to keep your mouth shut no matter what. Having been outspoken in the past in departments a bit larger than yours I found myself screwed out of my job. The salary will come from whoever prepares the budget and presents it to the city council or whoever approves it so you might be out of luck there and getting new equipment, that's also a budgetary problem.

Contact TMPA and see if they can do a salary survey for y'all and inquire as to how to go about getting newer equipment but for the most part, don't make waves as you might ride one outta the department.
        Good advice. If the money is there, I am sure (would think) the powers that be would be using it. If you don't see things getting better in the future, I'd advise you to start looking at different departments.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5903 users online. 322 members and 5581 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X