300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Co Sheriff's Office

Can someone give me a little insight into this agency? I see they dont pay near as well as APD. Looking for some overall info: morale, shifts, equipment, take home vehicles, off duty jobs etc. Im going to give them a call this week, but wanted some unbiased opinions from ya'll as well. Thanks

Originally posted by NOLAPIG View Post
    Can someone give me a little insight into this agency? I see they dont pay near as well as APD. Looking for some overall info: morale, shifts, equipment, take home vehicles, off duty jobs etc. Im going to give them a call this week, but wanted some unbiased opinions from ya'll as well. Thanks
    My neighbor in Texas was Travis Co deputy.We lived in Bastrop in a neighboring county.He had a new take home unit.He had only been on patrol for about 2 years,spent 6 years in the jail system.His pay was pretty good,and he had alot of off duty work.He loved the job and turned down several other depts. to stay with Travis Co.
    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NOLAPIG View Post
      Wll I don't know much abou Patrol so I don't want to give you any bad information. However, just about everyone starts out in the Corrections Bureau.
      Start pay is $33,751 a year. After one year of probation it jumps to a little over $36,000.
      Our insurance is not bad you just pay a lot for it. You get three personal holidays a year and receive four hours of sick leave and hour of vacation every 2 weeks. If you work a holiday you get a holiday not extra pay.
      Depending on where you work you can expect a set schedule. If you go to TCJ, Bldg 1, or Complex Security you will work 12 hours on a team. They do the whole work two days, off three, work three days off two... Basically your guarenteed every other weekend off. If you go to Bldgs 2, 3, ISD, or Central Booking you will be working eight hours with set days off.
      Overtime For right now is not mandantory, but you can make easy money as a lot of buildings are having tons of slots open.

If you want in call the Background Investigators and start the process. If got any other questions give me a push.
      Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5442 users online. 303 members and 5139 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X