300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Braunfels Police hiring Officers and Cadets 9/19 test date

NBPD is now accepting applications for both certified and cadets. More information is available here: https://www.nbtexas.org/920/Employment

$3000 hiring bonus for certified. 54k starting. 10 hour shifts. Shift bids once a year. Plentiful OT opportunities. Come join the fun!

app deadline 8/14
    9/19 test date

email [email protected] if you have any questions.

What's the pay differential for college degrees, if any?

Comment

23.08 for an associate's, 46.15 for a bachelor's, $69.23 for a master's per pay period

Comment

Originally posted by txag03 View Post
        23.08 for an associate's, 46.15 for a bachelor's, $69.23 for a master's per pay period
        Is that a typo? $23.08 with a two year degree?

Comment

No. That's the incentive pay for a 2 year degree that you get paid every two weeks. It's $600 a year for an associates.

Comment

Yikes- only $54K a year?

I don't know any rookies that don't make over $100K their first year on the road, even if they only have a GED...

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
              Yikes- only $54K a year?

I don't know any rookies that don't make over $100K their first year on the road, even if they only have a GED...
              Texas actually has a reasonable cost of living and no state income tax. I’m willing to bet the places you’re referring to, those rookies only see $65k after taxes and pension deductions and are paying 2k a month for a crappy 1 bedroom apartment, correct me if I’m wrong lol.
              Last edited by COMoparfan392; 07-24-2020, 03:23 PM.
              "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
                Yikes- only $54K a year?

The member shared a potential employment opportunity for those who might be interested. No need to crap all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea

Your numbers would be off.

For us, the right decision was to earn a larger pension in a place that pays more, and then retire to a place with a lower cost of living, where that larger pension will go further.

And some stuff costs the same, no matter where you live, like cars and travel (which are hobbies of ours). Due to the money I've been able to earn, we have been blessed with some truly wonderful life experiences and memories. My daily commuter is a Porsche convertible that I custom-ordered new after we visited the factory in Stuttgart Germany. My motorcycle is a new MV Agusta that I purchased after we toured the factory in northern Italy where it was built by hand. My wife's daily driver is a custom-ordered BMW Track Pack car that we flew to Munich Germany for her to take delivery of at the factory, the morning after doing Oktoberfest in costume. We've maxed it out against it's 155 mph electronic speed limiter on the German Autobahns, and lapped the world-famous Nurburgring in it at triple-digit speeds. I've taken her to a romantic dinner in the Eiffel Tower in Paris, we've explored Rome on a Vespa scooter, driven over the Swiss Alps, done a long weekend in Venice, and toured Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Pagani, and Ducati (while visiting Lamborghini, we rented a Lamborghini convertible and did 150 mph on the two-lane roads in the farmland surrounding the factory). We've hung out in pubs in London drinking pints of Guinness and cider eating fattening pub food, sipped wee drams of Scotch in Scotland, done a musical pub crawl in Dublin, toured the most dangerous parts of Belfast, and spent two weeks on the Isle Of Man for the TT races, where we rented a big-bore Ducati and lapped the course at triple-digit speeds. None of that would have been possible on $54K a year.
                  We need an official "brag thread"....

Comment

• Aidokea
                    Aidokea commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol, we just like to have fun. And we would not be able to have as much fun on $54K a year...

Originally posted by Aidokea

Your numbers would be off.

For us, the right decision was to earn a larger pension in a place that pays more, and then retire to a place with a lower cost of living, where that larger pension will go further.

And some stuff costs the same, no matter where you live, like cars and travel (which are hobbies of ours). Due to the money I've been able to earn, we have been blessed with some truly wonderful life experiences and memories. My daily commuter is a Porsche convertible that I custom-ordered new after we visited the factory in Stuttgart Germany. My motorcycle is a new MV Agusta that I purchased after we toured the factory in northern Italy where it was built by hand. My wife's daily driver is a custom-ordered BMW Track Pack car that we flew to Munich Germany for her to take delivery of at the factory, the morning after doing Oktoberfest in costume. We've maxed it out against it's 155 mph electronic speed limiter on the German Autobahns, and lapped the world-famous Nurburgring in it at triple-digit speeds. I've taken her to a romantic dinner in the Eiffel Tower in Paris, we've explored Rome on a Vespa scooter, driven over the Swiss Alps, done a long weekend in Venice, and toured Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Pagani, and Ducati (while visiting Lamborghini, we rented a Lamborghini convertible and did 150 mph on the two-lane roads in the farmland surrounding the factory). We've hung out in pubs in London drinking pints of Guinness and cider eating fattening pub food, sipped wee drams of Scotch in Scotland, done a musical pub crawl in Dublin, toured the most dangerous parts of Belfast, and spent two weeks on the Isle Of Man for the TT races, where we rented a big-bore Ducati and lapped the course at triple-digit speeds. None of that would have been possible on $54K a year.
                  Do you work for Dubi Police Department? What ever department your on with I'm applying!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3391 users online. 244 members and 3147 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X