Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas PD process

So judging by NSAPoland's sig, the process doesn't seem to be much fun

Is that how it generally goes with them? Do you have to basically call them consistently and push them through doing the backgrounds?

As hard up for recruits they are you wouldn't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by wspd913 View Post
      Do you have to basically call them consistently and push them through doing the backgrounds?
      Thats my experience exactly. Yes, Matto as much as they need recruits I can't believe they are pulling this kind of crap on me. My file sat on a sergeants desk for 4 weeks, and I still dont know if she has done anything with it. This is over a very MINOR logistical issue, that is not a real issue at all. I have to verify everything for them...why won't they do my background instead of asking me to do it...

Thats just my opinion though, some candidates might have had an easier time, but for me it has not been pleasant.
      Last edited by NSAPoland; 05-23-2007, 05:29 PM. Reason: S/P
      Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

I am not too happy with them at present either. I got the highest score on the interviews here in michigan and got a 102 on the civil service test. I just took a job with a dept here in michigan, but im not working yet. Dallas called me and basically yelled at me, stating they are spending alot of time and money on me and that they dont wanna waste it if i dont want a job. made me feel like a had to make a decision when they told me the academy wont start until sept.

Comment

It took 2 months before a detective looked at my file and completed my background investigation. Some of my classmates have told me that Fort Worth took 6 months to a year. I never called DPD about my application and I just let it run its course. I heard DART police would cancel your application if you called about it.

Edit I forgot there was one hiccup with my application. They never got my college transcripts. I sent around 9. I finally had to pick one up from my college and personally mail it to City Hall.
          Last edited by beavo451; 05-23-2007, 07:53 PM.

Comment

The general consensus is that DPD recruiting sucks, overall consensus is that all police recruiting is pretty bad. SO, next time a police spokesperson is bitching about the shortage of officers, no pity from me. Good candidates are out there, but good recruiters there are few.
            Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

Well you would think an agency that has 300 openings would streamline the process more. There are depts. out there that average 3 months to a process, yet only run 1 or 2 classes a year of around 25 recruits. Oh well, may give it a go anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Rdav375 View Post
                I am not too happy with them at present either. I got the highest score on the interviews here in michigan and got a 102 on the civil service test. I just took a job with a dept here in michigan, but im not working yet. Dallas called me and basically yelled at me, stating they are spending alot of time and money on me and that they dont wanna waste it if i dont want a job. made me feel like a had to make a decision when they told me the academy wont start until sept.
                Can you really blame them? I mean if you are showing interest and using their resources to do your paperwork and then you take another job......I would be kind of hacked too.

Comment

Originally posted by NSAPoland View Post
                  The general consensus is that DPD recruiting sucks, overall consensus is that all police recruiting is pretty bad. SO, next time a police spokesperson is bitching about the shortage of officers, no pity from me. Good candidates are out there, but good recruiters there are few.
                  Unfortunately, police rectruiting must be that way. It is a time consuming process to weed out potential problems. You really cant take shortcuts with this type of work. I am sure that their are good candidates, but they are usually not the ones applying.

Comment

Well you would think an agency that has 300 openings would streamline the process more. There are depts. out there that average 3 months to a process, yet only run 1 or 2 classes a year of around 25 recruits. Oh well, may give it a go anyways
                    I am not sure how many people attend DPD testing, but for such a large agency I would imagine they have quite a large turnout. That equates to a longer process. Once again, with this type of work you really cant cut corners.

Comment

Originally posted by dfwblue View Post
                      I am not sure how many people attend DPD testing, but for such a large agency I would imagine they have quite a large turnout. That equates to a longer process. Once again, with this type of work you really cant cut corners.
                      Anyone know how many usually DO test, just out of curiousity?

Also, no you can't just let anyone in LE, but some agencies can speed things up. Agencies like Phoenix, AZ or Atlanta are hurting pretty bad, and run processes in around 2-3 months. Of course there are always issues that can extend it.

Nonetheless, I do plan to test and see what I can do against that oral board

Comment

Also, no you can't just let anyone in LE, but some agencies can speed things up. Agencies like Phoenix, AZ or Atlanta are hurting pretty bad, and run processes in around 2-3 months. Of course there are always issues that can extend it.

I can't really speak for those agencies since I am not from those areas, but people around here seem to have a hard on for Dallas PD. I would be willing to bet that Dallas has a larger turnout. But really that is besides the point. Here in the DFW area it is common to take 2 to 3 months to hire on with agencies that are much much much smaller than Dallas PD and less of a turnout.

Comment

I went to ft worth test beginning of jan. 2007 there was over 1000. they were taking top 150 i scored like 215. got contacted 2 months later. tried to call em back left around 7 voicemails never got a return call then got a letter in the mail saying i was turned down cause i did not return their calls. so now i find myself in vernon,tx. small town good officers, learning lots that i think will make me a better rounded officer.
                          "If you want forgiveness go get some religion"

Comment

Well I was definately hoping to test with more than one dept. when I came in, but it looks like Dallas will be it. Today is the deadline for applying to Mesquite, so I don't believe I'm going to make that application

Comment

Originally posted by NSAPoland View Post

Arlington PD was very efficient when recruiting for their august academy. it only took 3 1/2 weeks to go through their hiring process.

initial interview - 3/16
                              physicial agility test - 3/16
                              background investigation - 3/20 (completed on 3/28)
                              physical - 3/26
                              polygraph - 3/26
                              psych test - 3/27
                              final oral board - 4/10
                              academy start date - 8/27

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4073 users online. 211 members and 3862 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X