300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoo Policy?

I was wondering if anyone knows the tattoo policy for Austin PD? As an afterthought, does anyone know the tattoo policy for DPS? Coming from the State Patrol in Ohio, I know they were VERY picky about that. If the bottom of the tattoo was visible in short sleeves, that would probably be ok. If the tattoo came more than a few inches below the sleeve, then you had a problem. If it was totally visible on your forearm, neck, etc- might want to start looking for employment somewhere else. Anyway, thanks.

I think it depends more on the tattoo's you have (what they are).

I know DPS Narc officers that have sleeves, but they are not new Troopers. Austin I dont know much about.

I have tat's on my hand and both DPS and Austin had no problems with them when I looked at working for them in 2001/2 when I left the Military.(mine are Military tat's).

Comment

re: DPS

DPS just instituted a tatoo policy in March of 2006. No visible tatoos or brands. If they are visible you have to wear the longsleeve uniform and tie year round. If they can't be covered by the long sleeve uniform you have to wear patches or bandaids over them. If your interested let me know your info. and I'll send you a packet. I had to get my eagle globe and achor removed. Some guys are bearing it, but longsleeves and a tie in Texas Heat just don't cut it for me. You have anymore questions let me know.

Comment

If anyone was interested: I was told by Austin recruitment that anything on the hands and neck is a big No-No. Anything on the forearms is frowned upon- if any visible tattoo is distasteful or vulgar then you may have to cover it at all times with a bandage, wrap, etc. I was looking at doing my last name on my forearm and was "strongly advised against it." Seems they aren't too excited about visible tattoos.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6045 users online. 318 members and 5727 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X