300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesquite Police Jobs

We have positions open. Go to our website at mesquitepolice.org or www. i want to be a cop.net (iwanttobeacop.net) for details.

I will check this site periodically for questions that are not answered on the website.

Last edited by MesquitePolice; 05-18-2007, 05:48 PM.

Pretty cool. Do you forsee your college requirements becoming greater in the near future?

Comment

Do ya'll accept laterals? Not that it is important, just curious, which Glock are ya'll carrying? Are ya'll 8's, 10's or 12's? I know ya'll test all the time, but how is staffing? Turnovers? I am sure I will have more questions, but it is dinner time.

Comment

Wow... wallpaper, videos and a custom domain name for 4 police officer positions?
        Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

Originally posted by NSAPoland View Post
          Wow... wallpaper, videos and a custom domain name for 4 police officer positions?
          I'm not sure if thats current or not, it's said 4 positions for the last 6 months atleast. (seems like)

Comment

Originally posted by NSAPoland View Post
            Its just their recruiting site.....wether they have 4 or 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Matto View Post
              Pretty cool. Do you forsee your college requirements becoming greater in the near future?
              No sir.

Comment

Originally posted by dfwblue View Post
                Do ya'll accept laterals? Not that it is important, just curious, which Glock are ya'll carrying? Are ya'll 8's, 10's or 12's? I know ya'll test all the time, but how is staffing? Turnovers? I am sure I will have more questions, but it is dinner time.

No laterals, Glock 17 or 22, officer's choice.

Patrol is 10's everyone else 8's.

Take home cars in Patrol are based on the shift you pick. (I have had a take home since 2yrs of service.) Most other areas have take home cars assigned to them (marked and unmarked). And you are allowed to use them for pers. business in the city if you choose.

We have little turnover, just the usual retirements. We were down to 1, but were allotted several new officer positions recently. We currently have 7 openings, but just had a test so I would say 4 or 5 is a close estimate.

The city just annexed into Kaufman County about a year ago with room for further expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by MesquitePolice View Post
                  No laterals, Glock 17 or 22, officer's choice.

Patrol is 10's everyone else 8's.

Take home cars in Patrol are based on the shift you pick. (I have had a take home since 2yrs of service.) Most other areas have take home cars assigned to them (marked and unmarked). And you are allowed to use them for pers. business in the city if you choose.

We have little turnover, just the usual retirements. We were down to 1, but were allotted several new officer positions recently. We currently have 7 openings, but just had a test so I would say 4 or 5 is a close estimate.

The city just annexed into Kaufman County about a year ago with room for further expansion.
                  Sorry, I'm a little slow. Based on the shift you pick? So not everyone gets a take home unit? Also, when someone does get a take home, how often is the car replaced for a new/newer one?

Comment

Originally posted by Matto View Post
                    Sorry, I'm a little slow. Based on the shift you pick? So not everyone gets a take home unit? Also, when someone does get a take home, how often is the car replaced for a new/newer one?

Our squad cars are pulled from service at 85,000 miles. Some guys have new cars for take homes, some don't.

Yes, each shift is allotted a certain number of take home cars. It is not based on senority, but on what days off/shift you work (you choose). We bid annually.

Comment

Originally posted by MesquitePolice View Post
                      Our squad cars are pulled from service at 85,000 miles. Some guys have new cars for take homes, some don't.

Yes, each shift is allotted a certain number of take home cars. It is not based on senority, but on what days off/shift you work (you choose). We bid annually.
                      Gotcha. Thanks

Comment

Your advertisement has an offer of a relocation bonus. Does this apply for all, or only for lateral officers?
                        Last edited by cincinnaticj7; 05-21-2007, 09:07 PM. Reason: Fixed a spelling mistake.
                        I think girls go after me for my Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by cincinnaticj7 View Post
                          Your advertisement has an offer of a relocation bonus. Does this apply for all, or only for lateral officers?
                          They do not do laterals.

Comment

The relocation money is for moving costs and you must move into the city to get it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Another Question for you, and this make seem like a dumb one. A college degree overrides just the number of credits need correct? Especially if I have a bachelors of arts degree, correct?
                              I think girls go after me for my Jeep

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4129 users online. 213 members and 3916 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X