300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tjjd

This is kind of a weird question and I don't really know if anyone on here knows the answer to this. I was browsing jobs with TJJD and noticed an OIG security officer III and IV position open at several locations. Security officer IV requires a TCOLE license, but III does not and just prefers someone with a private security license. I'm wondering if there is a difference between a security officer and a correctional officer or if that's just the new name they gave to COs. The job description doesn't mention any type of correctional duties, just general security duties (watching doors, cameras, etc.).

Also, I was a little shocked to see that the jump from security officer III to IV involved being a TCOLE licensed peace officer and actually investigating crimes and everything. It seems like quite the jump for something that starts with little to no responsibilities.

So my question is, is there an actual difference between security officer and CO?

Thanks for any insight.

Originally posted by fsi1212 View Post
    This is kind of a weird question and I don't really know if anyone on here knows the answer to this. I was browsing jobs with TJJD and noticed an OIG security officer III and IV position open at several locations. Security officer IV requires a TCOLE license, but III does not and just prefers someone with a private security license. I'm wondering if there is a difference between a security officer and a correctional officer or if that's just the new name they gave to COs. The job description doesn't mention any type of correctional duties, just general security duties (watching doors, cameras, etc.).

Also, I was a little shocked to see that the jump from security officer III to IV involved being a TCOLE licensed peace officer and actually investigating crimes and everything. It seems like quite the jump for something that starts with little to no responsibilities.

So my question is, is there an actual difference between security officer and CO?

Thanks for any insight.
    It took some searching, but it looks like they just assist the peace officers on the grounds of the juvenile facilities. They have no law enforcement or arrest powers, just general security duties.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15626 users online. 417 members and 15209 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X