Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rgv_cop
    replied
    My agency has take home units. They are only to be used for official duties, nothing personal. The only thing we are responsible for is making sure it is clean.

Leave a comment:

• patroldog
    replied
    Take Home Cars

Originally posted by bikecop136 View Post
    We have the take home program and can use for off duty use. Now, for going to schools in different cities, court, off duty jobs it is nice to have. I have never thought about taking a car to go shopping at wal-mart. I also dont see why anyone would want to cruise around with family in the car going sight seeing. When you are in a marked car, you have to be prepared to take action, end of the line. I would rather take action by myself or with other trained Officers than worrying about the wife and kids in the car.
    Take home cars are good, they save you money and are very convenient, but, non duty, personal use is not recommended, any time you drive a marked police unit you must respond to flagdowns, auto accidents you may come across,, you must also be armed and carry your ID and badge, as for putting family members in a police unit, only in an emergency, otherwise you place their safety in jeopardy, agreed I would rather be by myself or with other police. Stay Safe!!

Leave a comment:

• bikecop136
    replied
    We have the take home program and can use for off duty use. Now, for going to schools in different cities, court, off duty jobs it is nice to have. I have never thought about taking a car to go shopping at wal-mart. I also dont see why anyone would want to cruise around with family in the car going sight seeing. When you are in a marked car, you have to be prepared to take action, end of the line. I would rather take action by myself or with other trained Officers than worrying about the wife and kids in the car.

Leave a comment:

• NSAPoland
    replied
    When your going to the store and you have your wife in the car and you see a MAJOR traffic violation would you do anything? 1,2,3 degree felony?
    Do you have a permanent radio callout number or name, so you could call these events in and your dispatcher know who you are?

Leave a comment:

• jmorill
    replied
    We have take home cars after 6 months probation. we can use for off-duty use only thing is if your riding with family/friends in the vehicle your responsible so lets say the sh*t hits the fan. that would be a no good situation.

Leave a comment:

• RedRaider911
    replied
    Lubbock has take home cars for those who live in the city. We are also allowed to use them for personal use off duty. I think it is a great program, because you can't drive 30 seconds in the city without seeing a police car. It is a great way to increase precense

Leave a comment:

• saintsfan71
    replied
    Originally posted by NOLAPIG View Post
    We think we won the lottery now..the pay is up to 38k after one year
    we are at 54k at APD after one year and another 5%-6% increase in october. that was suprising to me.

Leave a comment:

• Northtechsan
    replied
    My dept only allows officers with specific on-call assignments have take home cars. No personal duty use of city vehicles are allowed.

Leave a comment:

• AKA=Cruz
    replied
    Originally posted by NOLAPIG View Post
    It seems that Texas isnt keen on allowing officers to take their patrol vehicles home. I find that its even more rare in Texas for departments to allow officers to UTILIZE their vehicles off duty for personal use. In Louisiana, I would say the majority of departments allow officers to take their vehicles home AND utilize them off duty for personal use. This is a big perk to officers and fits in to the overall benefit package. Am I correct that this isnt an ordianary practice in Texas, or am I completely off base? Thanks
    We have ½ take home car.. We have a to car share with some one who lives in the area. Upper brass have there own. But we cant utilize them on off duties due to insurance liability.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Matto View Post
    I guess you have to have some perks when you pay your cops 25k a year eh?

We think we won the lottery now..the pay is up to 38k after one year

Leave a comment:

• Matto
    replied
    I guess you have to have some perks when you pay your cops 25k a year eh?

Leave a comment:

• Lubec
    replied
    Many places have take homes, but where you gona park a patrol car when you live in a big city apartment and the hood aint so nice...

Now I know very few in Texas that let you run the town in a Patrol car off duty.

Leave a comment:

• NSAPoland
    replied
    No in the rural parts and some of the smaller none dfw metroplex cities do. Denton does and I think Lubbock and Abilene do to.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Take Home Vehicles

Take Home Vehicles

It seems that Texas isnt keen on allowing officers to take their patrol vehicles home. I find that its even more rare in Texas for departments to allow officers to UTILIZE their vehicles off duty for personal use. In Louisiana, I would say the majority of departments allow officers to take their vehicles home AND utilize them off duty for personal use. This is a big perk to officers and fits in to the overall benefit package. Am I correct that this isnt an ordianary practice in Texas, or am I completely off base? Thanks

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3707 users online. 204 members and 3503 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X