300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Home Vehicles

It seems that Texas isnt keen on allowing officers to take their patrol vehicles home. I find that its even more rare in Texas for departments to allow officers to UTILIZE their vehicles off duty for personal use. In Louisiana, I would say the majority of departments allow officers to take their vehicles home AND utilize them off duty for personal use. This is a big perk to officers and fits in to the overall benefit package. Am I correct that this isnt an ordianary practice in Texas, or am I completely off base? Thanks

No in the rural parts and some of the smaller none dfw metroplex cities do. Denton does and I think Lubbock and Abilene do to.
    Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

Many places have take homes, but where you gona park a patrol car when you live in a big city apartment and the hood aint so nice...

Now I know very few in Texas that let you run the town in a Patrol car off duty.

Comment

I guess you have to have some perks when you pay your cops 25k a year eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Matto View Post
          I guess you have to have some perks when you pay your cops 25k a year eh?

We think we won the lottery now..the pay is up to 38k after one year

Comment

Originally posted by NOLAPIG View Post
            It seems that Texas isnt keen on allowing officers to take their patrol vehicles home. I find that its even more rare in Texas for departments to allow officers to UTILIZE their vehicles off duty for personal use. In Louisiana, I would say the majority of departments allow officers to take their vehicles home AND utilize them off duty for personal use. This is a big perk to officers and fits in to the overall benefit package. Am I correct that this isnt an ordianary practice in Texas, or am I completely off base? Thanks
            We have ½ take home car.. We have a to car share with some one who lives in the area. Upper brass have there own. But we cant utilize them on off duties due to insurance liability.
            "An officer has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent."

Comment

My dept only allows officers with specific on-call assignments have take home cars. No personal duty use of city vehicles are allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by NOLAPIG View Post
                We think we won the lottery now..the pay is up to 38k after one year
                we are at 54k at APD after one year and another 5%-6% increase in october. that was suprising to me.

Comment

Lubbock has take home cars for those who live in the city. We are also allowed to use them for personal use off duty. I think it is a great program, because you can't drive 30 seconds in the city without seeing a police car. It is a great way to increase precense
                  The Republicans need to shrug off this Christian Coalition noose it has placed around its own neck and recognize the fact that, though they may not realize it, the majority of Americans are actually quite libertarian in their philosophy. They also need to learn to fight once in a while. What a bunch of wimps.
                  -Neal Boortz

Comment

We have take home cars after 6 months probation. we can use for off-duty use only thing is if your riding with family/friends in the vehicle your responsible so lets say the sh*t hits the fan. that would be a no good situation.
                    "If you want forgiveness go get some religion"

Comment

When your going to the store and you have your wife in the car and you see a MAJOR traffic violation would you do anything? 1,2,3 degree felony?
                      Do you have a permanent radio callout number or name, so you could call these events in and your dispatcher know who you are?
                      Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

We have the take home program and can use for off duty use. Now, for going to schools in different cities, court, off duty jobs it is nice to have. I have never thought about taking a car to go shopping at wal-mart. I also dont see why anyone would want to cruise around with family in the car going sight seeing. When you are in a marked car, you have to be prepared to take action, end of the line. I would rather take action by myself or with other trained Officers than worrying about the wife and kids in the car.

Comment

Take Home Cars

Originally posted by bikecop136 View Post
                          We have the take home program and can use for off duty use. Now, for going to schools in different cities, court, off duty jobs it is nice to have. I have never thought about taking a car to go shopping at wal-mart. I also dont see why anyone would want to cruise around with family in the car going sight seeing. When you are in a marked car, you have to be prepared to take action, end of the line. I would rather take action by myself or with other trained Officers than worrying about the wife and kids in the car.
                          Take home cars are good, they save you money and are very convenient, but, non duty, personal use is not recommended, any time you drive a marked police unit you must respond to flagdowns, auto accidents you may come across,, you must also be armed and carry your ID and badge, as for putting family members in a police unit, only in an emergency, otherwise you place their safety in jeopardy, agreed I would rather be by myself or with other police. Stay Safe!!
                          law dog

Comment

My agency has take home units. They are only to be used for official duties, nothing personal. The only thing we are responsible for is making sure it is clean.
                            "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4117 users online. 295 members and 3822 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X