Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know anything about how the process works for an out of state lateral? Do they accept out of state peace officer certifications? Can anyone dialogue with me? If you can feel, free to just text message me. at 5 four 1 three two 6 fifty-four fifty-three

Comment

I pretty sure DPS does not accept ANY laterals.

Comment

• TG110896
        TG110896 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah sounds like I can test out of the TCOLE but I go through the academy which is fine.

Have you already applied? If so, which process are you on?

Comment

• TG110896
        TG110896 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not applied yet. I am planning for 2023. It’s not posted yet of course because the fiscal year hasn’t not ended but I will apply for that class.

Any advice for the interview?

Comment

• Ambro
        Ambro commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s a straight forward interview. Be honest, professional, and polite. You’ll be fine!

Has anyone heard about an October academy? I got a call last week to ask if I was interested.

Comment

• Orod3030
        Orod3030 commented
        Editing a comment
        I also received a call asking if I was interested in the October academy. Have you heard anything else?

Yes, they just confirmed A-2022 Academy for October instead of January. What step are you on?

Comment

• Orod3030
        Orod3030 commented
        Editing a comment
        I received a call last week asking if I was interested in the B-2021 academy, just waiting to do my medical/psychological. What step are you on?

I received the call as well, I’m waiting to do my medical/psychological test as well. Did you received the email to apply for class B-2021?

Comment

• Orod3030
        Orod3030 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did, working on getting it submitted today. Do you have a test date for the medical/psychological test? I’m still waiting on a call.

• amaldon3
        amaldon3 commented
        Editing a comment
        I submitted mine yesterday. I don't have a date yet, I'm waiting on the call. Do you know if that's the last thing we have to do before they select?

I’m waiting for medical/psychological too. Any anticipation when they might schedule us? It is the last thing in the hiring process, than selection. Top candidates I believe.
      Last edited by Ambro; 06-01-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Has anyone been schedule for the medical/psychological testing?

Comment

• Orod3030
          Orod3030 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m still waiting to be scheduled, have you heard anything?

• amaldon3
          amaldon3 commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't yet, hopefully this or next week we will

Nope, I don’t think anyone has heard or been scheduled yet. It’ll be in August hopefully!

Comment

I received an email today of the following:

Congratulations, the Department has recommended you for a conditional job offer for the position of trooper trainee. If you accept the conditional job offer for the B-2021 Trooper Trainee School, you must complete the last phase of the application process. This final phase will require you to report to Austin Headquarters for two days to conduct the Medical and Psychological evaluations.

I have to contact the number in the email and they will provide me with the dates and times.

Hopefully, y’all receive something soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2627 users online. 187 members and 2440 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X