300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX DPS State Trooper A-2021 Recruit School

Applying for the A-2021 recruit school on February 2020, any tips or advice regarding the whole application process? Or any changes made from the previous academy/application process?

Was holding out for an expedited class but I've been told by a current Trooper that those are extinct. Setting my sights on this class. Will have roughly 3 years on the streets by the time A-2021 begins.

Comment

I am applying again when my year wait is up which will be in October 14.

Comment

• Blue Moma
        Blue Moma commented
        Editing a comment
        Why did you have to wait a year?

• johnny73
        johnny73 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasn’t invited to the oral review board. This will be my third and final time to reapply

Throwing my hat in as well, applying from PA. I'd appreciate any advice too, I got removed from my PA application over garbage and I don't want it to happen again in Texas!

Comment

• johnny73
        johnny73 commented
        Editing a comment
        Blue Moma, PM me and I can give you more in-depth information about the process.

• Hobartpenning
        Hobartpenning commented
        Editing a comment
        Fair warning, TX DPS has a history of rejecting applicants over extraordinarily frivolous issues. Definitely still apply, but as a lot of people have told me "don't put all your eggs in one basket" on this one.

Originally posted by WR96 View Post
      Applying for the A-2021 recruit school on February 2020, any tips or advice regarding the whole application process? Or any changes made from the previous academy/application process?
      PM me and I can give the run down on the process.

Comment

I can tell you generally speaking the process is extremely competitive, from the first go around of testing (written and PT) you need a overall score of at-least 87% or above or you can forget it.

Comment

I’m accepted into the A-2020 class. Just want to give an update to all applying. You will be assigned to regions 3 and 4. Unless there is some emergency that requires you to be stationed back home, they are sending everyone here right now. Will be able to request a transfer, pending availability, after one year of probation.

Comment

• DerekSmalls7
            DerekSmalls7 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm tracking all of A-2020 was told by Austin HQ that everyone is going to Regions 3 & 4.
            But your're saying A-2021 is destined for the same fate?

• BlaringSmile590
            BlaringSmile590 commented
            Editing a comment
            As long as Congress does nothing to help out border patrol and DPS is the agency who will be helping them, then yes. Since they are more concerned about impeachment lol. Also the 2019 class got assigned there, and I believe the 2018 did as well.

Hey everyone. I was super close to getting accepted for 2020 but had an unexpected family event and had to extend my military contract through 2020. I will be applying again this year to attend in 2021. I made it past the polygraph and had an appointment for the in home interview, but had to withdraw my application. The class of 2020 had a Group-Me message board, which was really helpful and reassuring. They're still using it to communicate about preparations for the class starting in January. I would highly recommend anyone who's going through the process to join in on this group chat as it answered a ton of questions for myself, and helped everyone hold it together during the long periods of waiting in uncertainty. PM me and I'll start one and get everyone thrown on there. Best of luck to us all!

Comment

• Lujanjes
            Lujanjes commented
            Editing a comment
            Any Updates?

Hey y’all I also just applied for the January class for 2021 who else has applied for this class?

Comment

• MissGuided20
            MissGuided20 commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied as well. Read last years forum and so they say if you’re not upper 80’s physically and upper 80’s in education you have a zero shot. Only had a month to “attempt” to get back into shape. So I’ll be getting through but not in a top tier fashion. See how the process goes. Good luck all. I test the 19th

Is anyone familiar with the 500m row test? I'm testing in a couple weeks and I've never used a Concept 2 rower. Do the machines they use to test adjust for weight or do they take weight adjustment into account?

Comment

• MissGuided20
            MissGuided20 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do not adjust for weight. Fix the resistance to power 5.

Row tests do not go by weight they just go by times.. there’s a time limit for guys and a time limit for women. Whatever you perform will give you a percentage based off your gender.

Comment

Tested on the 19th. Over all scored a average 84 percent for all four tests. The physical and written exams.

good luck all ...

Comment

Tested Late January and took Polygraph 3 weeks ago. Anyone have a Group Me goin on? Good luck to all!

Comment

• Hobartpenning
                Hobartpenning commented
                Editing a comment
                I have one going already, PM me your number and I’ll add you to the group

Do you want to start one?

Comment

• Hobartpenning
                Hobartpenning commented
                Editing a comment
                PM me your number and I’ll add you to it

Hello all! I recently tested on February 27th for 2021 A academy. My prt was a 85 combined(10:14 run and 1:34 row) with my overall average being a 93.6. Next step is polygraph for me. Good luck to y'all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4217 users online. 274 members and 3943 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X