300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPD November Class

Making a thread to see if anyone has heard back for the upcoming November class for Houston Police Department.

Not yet. How far along in the process are you? I believe Orientation for nov. lass start Oct 28th

Comment

I’m waiting on the approval. I’ve been waiting for about a month now I believe. Done with everything.

Comment

• LS2019
        LS2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you called anyone to check?

Im done with Pysch this Friday.... just read a post on here that the next available class is in April. Not sure how accurate that information is :/

Have you called anyone to check?

Im done with Pysch this Friday.... just read a post on here that the next available class is in April. Not sure how accurate that information is :/

Comment

My BI told me the chief is reviewing files for the November class. I’m not too sure if there’s a class after November.

Comment

• LS2019
          LS2019 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just spoke to my BI. November class is not full yet. Orientation is at the end of this month.
          Next class is January 27th

They started to call recruits for the November academy not too long ago. About 2-3weeks ago. If you are done with everything, it should be no time at all. Good luck.

Comment

Current or past cadets, if you rented an apartment close to campus, where did you rent and what was your experience? I've heard of extended stays, but figured for 6 months I'd save a lot more on an apartment.

Comment

• HaDv
            HaDv commented
            Editing a comment
            Stay around humble texas 1960 area pretty close to the academy and lots of stores to eat and shop

Got a call on Thursday from BI about a seminar, file looks good and is making its way up the Chain of Command for signatures. Will have a formal email invitation when (and if) Chief approves file. I thought time line was cutting it close but files being reviewed now are for November class.

Comment

Chief approved. Got the call last Thursday.

Comment

• Dausome20
              Dausome20 commented
              Editing a comment
              When did you start the whole process?

• Bdd13
              Bdd13 commented
              Editing a comment
              March: started application
              June: finished fitness test, polygraph, fingerprints..etc
              July: background investigation
              August: psych and medical
              Sept: file got sent back for additional questions
              Oct: Chief’s approval

Took 7 months.

Ah gotcha. My file was sent up about 10 days ago waiting on the chiefs approval. But they got me going to that seminar monday.

Comment

Anybody that went to orientation Monday that was still waiting on chiefs approval get the call yet?

Comment

Does anyone know if the salary for a Houston police cadet is still $42,000? I see on their website a blog post about recent pay increases but it does not specify the original salary compared to the new salary. Thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4620 users online. 283 members and 4337 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X