300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Police Mentor Program 2019 & 2020

This topic is created to help out people who are about or want to apply for the Houston Police Department but want to have an insight understanding before applying for HPD. If you are about to apply for HPD and have not done anything yet, I can sign you up for the Mentor Program which will allow me to guide you through the entire process from the day you send your application to recruiting center until you graduate, and until get off the FTO program on the street. You can message me or post it here if you have any questions and I will reply.

Note: There are a couple of things to keep in mind if you are in the process of waiting after the submission of your application.
    • I have a lot of applicants sent me private messages to help them out when their applications were rejected. Unfortunately, I can only help out unless you are my mentee.
    • If you already submitted your application to HPD or you are in the process of waiting from one phase to the next, you will not be eligible for the Mentor Program.
    Advantages of Having a Mentor:
    1. I will guide you through the process as an applicant until you are done, which will take about several months.
    2. After the application process, you will be accepted as a cadet and I will continue to guide through 6 months at HPD academy.
    3. After that, you will graduate as a probationary officer, I still have to guide you through another 6 months as a probationary officer on the street.
    How much does it cost you? NOTHING... The city pays me to be a mentor to help out people who want to apply for HPD but don't know or confused about the process.

I want to join I am applying Dec/Jan

Comment

Originally posted by HPDLa935 View Post
      This topic is created to help out people who are about or want to apply for the Houston Police Department but want to have an insight understanding before applying for HPD. If you are about to apply for HPD and have not done anything yet, I can sign you up for the Mentor Program which will allow me to guide you through the entire process from the day you send your application to recruiting center until you graduate, and until get off the FTO program on the street. You can message me or post it here if you have any questions and I will reply.

Note: There are a couple of things to keep in mind if you are in the process of waiting after the submission of your application.
      • I have a lot of applicants sent me private messages to help them out when their applications were rejected. Unfortunately, I can only help out unless you are my mentee.
      • If you already submitted your application to HPD or you are in the process of waiting from one phase to the next, you will not be eligible for the Mentor Program.
      Advantages of Having a Mentor:
      1. I will guide you through the process as an applicant until you are done, which will take about several months.
      2. After the application process, you will be accepted as a cadet and I will continue to guide through 6 months at HPD academy.
      3. After that, you will graduate as a probationary officer, I still have to guide you through another 6 months as a probationary officer on the street.
      How much does it cost you? NOTHING... The city pays me to be a mentor to help out people who want to apply for HPD but don't know or confused about the process.
      Just sent you a PM - thank you very much

Comment

I would like to take advantage of this.

I'm on the fence between DPD and HPD, would love to get a little more information about HPD.

Edit:
        1. In terms of meeting the required numbers personnel wise, how is HPD doing?
        2. How is the morale been (say in the past 2-3 years)? Has it improved since?
        Last edited by Donza; 09-15-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donza View Post
          I would like to take advantage of this.

I'm on the fence between DPD and HPD, would love to get a little more information about HPD.

Edit:
          1. In terms of meeting the required numbers personnel wise, how is HPD doing?
          2. How is the morale been (say in the past 2-3 years)? Has it improved since?
          morale is very high in Houston, and it is well known to be down in Dallas. Houston loses very few officers to other departments. There are many news stories about how many Dallas officer's are leaving to be laterals with other departments.

Houston's pay is much higher over the long term. Do not let Dallas academy pay fool you.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Rowdy View Post

morale is very high in Houston, and it is well known to be down in Dallas. Houston loses very few officers to other departments. There are many news stories about how many Dallas officer's are leaving to be laterals with other departments.

Houston's pay is much higher over the long term. Do not let Dallas academy pay fool you.
            Irish Rowdy is totally correct.

Comment

Thank you both for the truthful answers, to be completely honest the department as a whole just seems very well taken care of and backed (more so than Dallas at least) by it's own city.

I'm looking to start the process beginning October so hopefully I can squeeze into a early 2020 academy class. (As an out of state applicant)

Comment

Thanks for the info, HPDLa935. Do you know how many cadet classes are scheduled for the next fiscal year?

Comment

Originally posted by DC1980 View Post
                  Thanks for the info, HPDLa935. Do you know how many cadet classes are scheduled for the next fiscal year?
                  I don't know. You need to call recruiting division and they'll tell you at (800) 252-0473 or (713) 308-1300

Comment

I called the other day DC1980 , they told me the next available class is in April. If im not mistaken that is the second of 4 in 2020. Again don't quote me on the amount, but the next open class is definitely April.

Comment

• LS2019
                      LS2019 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So even if we’re waiting on Chief approval... next open class is in April???

The November and January classes are already full??

Originally posted by Donza View Post
                    I called the other day DC1980 , they told me the next available class is in April. If im not mistaken that is the second of 4 in 2020. Again don't quote me on the amount, but the next open class is definitely April.
                    Well, you called them and they told you April that means it's in April. Recruiting is the holding cadet classes schedule so there are any changes about cadet classes cancellation or more upcoming classes, they will be the best source to contact.

Comment

Thank you both for your help, HPDLa935 and Donza !

Comment

Would this program apply to lateral transfers as well ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stay Frosty View Post
                          Would this program apply to lateral transfers as well ?
                          Yes, as long as you have not submitted any paperwork to HPD and this is your first time apply for HPD.

Comment

Will HPD keep this program around in 2023? Or is this a pilot program? I don’t get out of military till then.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9845 users online. 291 members and 9554 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X