300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Police Department, June 2019

Seems like everyone in April class has already been called. I just got the call that my BI is complete and I should hear something about Phase 5 next week.

Rob_N_GTX thats great! If you don't hear anything by next Friday you call them thats what I did and I was scheduled

Comment

I suppose to be in April class but my BI taking forever.. he keep telling my that my file still under review by his supervisor. He will update me once he hear something.then they will send my file to chief.. will I guess I'm on June class if everything went well.

Comment

• Rob_N_GTX
        Rob_N_GTX commented
        Editing a comment
        How long ago did you complete phase 5?

• Abodbs
        Abodbs commented
        Editing a comment
        I finished phase 5 on Feb 6th but sense then my file was under review by his supervisor until today.. haven't heard anything yet.. he just told me that I cant make it on April class. That was last week.

Wbu where are you in your process

• Rob_N_GTX
        Rob_N_GTX commented
        Editing a comment
        Waiting to schedule phase 5 this week.

One part of phase 5 this week and the other next week. Just finally glad to have everything finished and now just a waiting game. How’s everyone else?

Comment

• bwill98
        bwill98 commented
        Editing a comment
        I finished phase 5 last week, playing the waiting game

• Abodbs
        Abodbs commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here finished phase 5 and waiting to hear back from the chief

I finished my polygraph in Feb. (20th) and have been waiting to hear from BI. Was told 4-5 weeks at the polygraph and 6-8 weeks by my recruiter. What is the typical time frame for getting a phone call from the BI?

Comment

• Abodbs
        Abodbs commented
        Editing a comment
        took me 2 moths to hear from my BI.

• 2ndtonone04
        2ndtonone04 commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Abodbs, where are you at in the hiring process?

• rickszhao94
        rickszhao94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took me 3 weeks to hear back from BI

• Abodbs
        Abodbs commented
        Editing a comment
        My file been send to chief almost month ago. Still waiting to hear back.

I wonder why it's taking so long to hear from mine? Any ideas?

Comment

• Rob_N_GTX
        Rob_N_GTX commented
        Editing a comment
        No telling. Probably still trying to finish up some other people

my file been send to chief already 2 weeks ago and still waiting to hear back from my BI. What is the typical time frame to hear about the result from the chief, any idea?

Comment

• Leee89
        Leee89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was told 2-3 weeks from the supervisor. Mine came back about a week later with some follow up questions and now it’s back with the Chief.

Do you guys know whats the date for the next class after june?

Comment

• Rob_N_GTX
        Rob_N_GTX commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve heard August.

• 2ndtonone04
        2ndtonone04 commented
        Editing a comment
        I spoke with 3 different and current HPD officers from my Army National Guard unit this last weekend and they said that due to the whole fiasco with Proposition B, that the June class is the last one scheduled as of now.

Recruiting told me last week that Prop B will not affect hiring for the Houston Police Department or classes for the Academy. I was informed from my BI that my folder was officially sent up the chain of command in the Recruiting Division (sgt, lt, commander) during the first week of April. I received a phone April 15th that my folder is now being sent to an Assistant Chief, and then another Assistant Chief, and finally Chief Acevedo. Recruiting told me on April 15th that it would be two more weeks before I hear the final word. It's been a slow process because it's election year for the Mayor.

Comment

Just a heads up for everyone. Y'all need to start PT NOW for the June Class 242. Come prepared and you'll be just fine. You should be running in the 12's for your mile in a half or better. Work on push ups now if you have any issues. Basically work on calisthenics.

Comment

• Rob_N_GTX
          Rob_N_GTX commented
          Editing a comment
          Someone has to be last.

• Abodbs
          Abodbs commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you have any idea how many miles we gonna be running everyday

Hey guys any update about your process.. anybody got approve for June class.

I'm still waiting to hear back from chief of Houston.

Comment

It depends on who your PT instructors are for the class. My friend from last year's class said their PT instructors didn't believe in running as much, so they did other cardio exercises; squat jumps, high knees, burpees, bear crawls. For her, PT was 45 minutes in the mornings.

But there will be a lot of push ups during the day for every class. Especially when someone gets in trouble (if someone falls asleep, if someone's late, if someone's boots aren't shiny enough)! Then the whole class goes into the hallway for 30 pushups.

Recruiting said that the first day of PT is supposed to be the most intense. That the amount of running cadets do in this one day will add up to 4 or 5 miles! EMT has been called due to cadets passing out from the heat.

...so start laying off the Whataburger.

Comment

I received an official "congratulations" email! Hopefully everyone on this thread will hear something today too!!!

Comment

• Rob_N_GTX
              Rob_N_GTX commented
              Editing a comment
              Once your file was submitted how long did it take to receive the email?

• crimstudent12
              crimstudent12 commented
              Editing a comment
              It took exactly 3 weeks to hear the final word after my file was submitted.

• Abodbs
              Abodbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulation. Hopefully I hear back something soon

• LS2019
              LS2019 commented
              Editing a comment
              how many miles are you guys running for PT?

Are y'all gonna commute everyday to the Academy OR get a place near the Academy?

I live an hour away without any traffic. Trying to decide what to do.

Comment

• Rob_N_GTX
              Rob_N_GTX commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you get a six month lease?

• Abodbs
              Abodbs commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe so because friend of mine, in academy sense January and he rent apartment after 2 month for six month less.

• dah_223
              dah_223 commented
              Editing a comment
              Luckily I’m only about 25 minutes away but I’ll probably leave early enough to give myself an hour to get there.

• crimstudent12
              crimstudent12 commented
              Editing a comment
              There are also cheap hotels called Extended Stays. I'm going to check those out. Especially for the first month of the Academy. The neighborhoods surrounding the Academy may have a high crime rate. Make sure you feel safe at the place you get.

Any one around the Atascocita area want to start meeting up for PT? I’ve got free (HOA) access to a gym with plenty of cardio equipment and a weight room with the bare necessities.

Comment

• crimstudent12
              crimstudent12 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wish I lived closer or I would. I'm going to start focusing on running long distances, sprints, pushups, and upper body strength. It's going to be rough jogging outside in the summer heat!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6277 users online. 348 members and 5929 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X